12 Questions In The Mind Of A Dreaming Actor
- How do I start acting?
- How do I become a good actor?
- How can I make my career in acting?
- Do you need to go to college to become an actor?
- How hard is it to become a professional actor?
- Can anyone be an actor?
- Can acting be learned?
- I want to become an actor where do I start
- How to become an actress with no experience
- How to become an actress in Bollywood
- What do you need to become an actor
- I Had A Dream I Was An Actor. How to fulfill It?
Though not as easy as "just dream and become one" it's true that working on yourself, self-marketing, hard work, and perseverance, you can definitely be a successful actor/actress in Bollywood.
Here Are The Answers To Above 11 Questions
11 Essential Requirements
1.Good looks may help you (especially in TV serials) though I don't agree fully with it. You can work on your looks or rather on your overall personality by facial exercises, Ayurveda treatments, and yoga.
2.Good body and its maintenance.
3.Good voice. You can develop by various vocal exercises
4.Very pleasant nature.
5.A graduate, good command on HINDI and an ability of a well spoken ENGLISH
6.Excellent ability to memorize and that too, quickly. This is of paramount importance, especially in serials where you get your lines just before the shot!
7. An exceptionally good acting ability!
8.Good networking capabilities- building up contacts on line, off the line with industry people.
9.The tremendous amount of patience, to be ready for a prolonged struggle (5 t0 10 years in some cases).
10. Good financial resources and willingness to face periods of financial instability.
13 Steps On How To Develop The Above Qualities In You
1. Learn professional acting either by carefully selecting a good school or if in doubt, the best option could be a personal and professional acting coach.
2. If there are financial constraints, read, learn and practice at home in front of a full-size mirror or with friends-all 280+ posts from this blog: This Blog
3. Join a gym or plan a workout at home to develop a good and HOT body.
4. Take care of your skin and face. Protect it from harsh sunlight.
5. Learn to speak good Hindi (preferably Urdu also). Practice along with Hindi News readers in Doordarshan. Read loudly Hindi articles in newspapers. Learn to speak classical and literary Hindi for mythological films and TV serials
6. Improve your mental health and be strong. Join or learn yoga to practice at home Relaxation, Auto-suggestion, Confidence and for a perfect Mental balance
7. Complete your graduation because it's a long struggle with financial instability. Being a graduate and having additional skills like IT, Marketing, Teaching, etc. may help you to support financially to fulfill your dream to be an actor. Knowing spoken English well helps you to network with cine industry and creates a favorable impression, apart from being comfortable with English dialogs in a film / TV serial
8. Make a professional portfolio of about 7 to 10 pictures, to begin with, where you look exactly as you are. No dark glasses (Let casting directors see your eyes!).
9. Learn how to market and promote your acting career. This is a must! There is a cut-throat competition of thousands of aspiring actors better than you.
10. Start building your contacts in the industry by networking through creating and updating of your profile/ page on a regular basis on social sites, emailing your profile, monologs, your website and show reel.
11. Register yourself with at least 3 to 4 good coordinators (Select from posts in this blog).
12. Do not restrict your efforts only to one field, e.g. Bollywood films. Enter in modeling, TV serials, commercial ads, and print. Just hit all opportunities available
13. Remember that acting is a business and you have to be a good businessman or a woman. You can't live in emptiness without money or with your parents/ relatives/ friends charity forever!
Have confidence and faith in yourself and go on struggling, for a minimum of 3 years.
You can learn all the above to be a Bollywood actor by getting trained by a reliable and expert acting coach