If you’re a fan of Dirt Rally 2.0, you might want to keep reading. Codemasters has announced its partnership with Motorsport Network, and together they’re bringing a new World Championship for anyone wanting to compete. If you fancy getting stuck in right away, you’ll be happy to learn that it starts next week. The qualifying heats will take place online, leading to a live final at the Autosport International Show on January 11th 2020, at the Birmingham NEC.
Here are the official deets:
The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship heats will be played across three months, consisting of three weeks of qualifiers each with a pre-determined location, stage and car class. All weekly winners across the three formats will qualify for the quarter finals with an additional place going to the players who have the fastest cumulative time each month. The quarter and semi finals will take place over the weekend of 7-8th December and will be broadcast live across DiRT Rally 2.0 and Motorsport Network channels. Players can choose between wheel or pad for the qualifiers. The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship Final will be played on wheel only.
On top of this, anyone setting a valid time in one of the World Championship heats will earn themselves a bonus car: the BMW M2 Competition. This M2 will be available to use in My Team, where you can perform upgrades and compete in Daily Challenges. You’ll also be able to use it in Freeplay, Multiplayer, Custom Events and more.
– 10th September: Poland – Kopina – H2 FWD
– 17th September: Argentina – Las Juntas – Group B 4WD
– 24th September: New Zealand – Te Awanga Forward – R5
– 8th October: Spain – Comienzo en Bellriu – Rally GT
– 15th October: USA – North Fork Pass – Group A
– 22nd October: Australia – Mount Kaye Pass – Group B 4WD
– 5th November: Poland – Czarny Las – H3 RWD
– 12nd November: New Zealand – Waimarama Point Reserve – R2
– 19th November: Spain – Decenso por carretera – R5
– 10th September: Hell, Norway – RX1600
– 17th September: Trois-Rivières, Canada – RX2
– 24th September: Lohéac Bretagne, France – RX Supercars
– 8th October: Montalegre, Portugal – RX Supercars
– 15th October: Silverstone, England – RX2
– 22nd October: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Spain – RX1600
– 5th November: Mettet, Belgium – RX2
– 12nd November: Höljes, Sweden – RX1600
– 19th November: Hell, Norway – RX Supercars
The DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship begins on September 10th, playable on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC.
The post DiRT Rally 2.0 World Championship Starting Next Week appeared first on GodisaGeek.com.
This post first appeared on God Is A Geek: Video Game Reviews, Previews, Video, please read the originial post: here