If you are planning or considering travel in Economy Class on Qantas or Jetstar over the next year, this is a good opportunity to save some of your points, but be sure to be quick – sale ends 27 August.
You can find full details of the offer here.
The sale offers 20% off Classic Flight Rewards for Economy Class that are booked with either Qantas or Jetstar for travel within these periods:
- Qantas: between 27 September 2016 and 12 August 2017
- Jetstar: between 27 September 2016 and 30 June 2017
All of the following prices are for one-way travel in Economy Class:
- Sydney – Melbourne: 8,000 > 6,400 points on Qantas; 6,400 > 5,120 points on Jetstar
- Adelaide – Darwin: 18,000 > 14,400 points on Qantas
- Perth – Singapore: 22,500 > 18,000 points on Qantas
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane – Hong Kong: 28,000 > 22,400 points on Qantas
- Sydney – Honolulu: 35,000 > 28,000 points on Qantas; 28,800 > 23,040 points on Jetstar
- Sydney/Melbourne – Dubai: 45,000 > 36,000 points on Qantas
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane – Los Angeles: 45,000 > 36,000 points on Qantas
- Sydney – London: 60,000 > 48,000 points on Qantas
Here are the restrictions:
- Travel must be on Qantas- and Jetstar-operated flights, not partner flights
- You cannot mix Qantas and Jetstar flights. That’s because the required points for Jetstar redemptions are already 20% less than redemptions on Qantas flights
- This offer does not apply to ‘connecting flights’, which means that if you have an international flight within 24 hours of the Classic Flight Reward, you won’t be eligible for the discount. An example itinerary that is not eligible is Qantas from Sydney to London, and then a connecting flight to Brussels
- The discount does not extend to the ordinary surcharges and taxes that apply to Classic Flight Reward redemptions
- The discount does not apply if you choose the ‘Points Plus Pay’ option
- As usual, you will not earn any points on these award flights
Annoyingly, when you go to book a Classic Flight Reward, the total points cost will just show you the final discounted amount and will not show you what the price would have been without the discount. If you are unsure whether or not the discount has been applied, you can check the ordinary points cost of your flight here.
Whilst the best value for redeeming your points is usually found in Business and First Class, there are cases where redeeming your points for Economy Class tickets can make good sense.
This is not the sort of deal that will have most people leaping out of their armchairs, but if you are already planning (or considering) travel in Economy Class on Qantas or Jetstar over the next year, here is a good opportunity to save a little on your booking.
This post first appeared on Point Hacks - The Best Frequent Flyer Deals & Offers In Australia., please read the originial post: here