While choosing eyeglasses, it is often difficult to analyse which Frame will be best suited on your Face. Right? Without knowing what is perfect for you, you end up buying the wrong one, because then, the focus is majorly on color and style. Whether you are buying it for the first time or just upgrading the old one, always keep in mind that you need a shape that not only balances your face type but also enhances it to a level where you look just perfect and flawless. Coolwinks sells high quality eyeglasses with variety of shapes that exist in the eyewear industry.
If you are not aware of how to shop the right eyeglass frame for yourself, then here are some tips and recommendations that will make your task easy.
- Frames for a Round Face
If you have a round face that is the most common face shape, you should go for cat-eye and angular shapes like rectangular and square that will take the attention away from the round silhouette, fuller cheeks and soft and curvy lines. Choosing such frames will create an illusion of length by highlighting your cheekbones and making your face look contoured.
- Avoid wearing round eyeglasses, as they tend to make your face look even rounder.
- Best shapes and styles: Square and rectangular. Retro square, pilot, oversized and cat-eye.
- Frames for an Oval and Oblong Face
An oval face shape is blessed with balanced features with chin narrower and slightly broader forehead. That is why; you can wear almost any kind of frame if you have an oval face. To be specific, choose eyeglasses with bold and geometric face shapes; square or rectangle and un-swept corners.
- Avoid wearing oversized glasses or rounded shapes as they can break your face’s natural symmetry.
- Best shapes and styles: Square and rectangular. Cat-eye and oversized.
- Frames for a Square Face
A face with straight silhouette and angular features is a square face. So, choose eyeglass frames that make them look a little round. The ideal ones will have slightly curved edges or those that sit high up of the nose. Wear round or oval glasses to soften your sharp features.
- Avoid boxy shaped eyeglasses and thick acetate frames.
- Best shapes and styles: Round and oval. Cat-eye and oversized frames and thin metal frames made in bronze, gold and silver are best.
- Frames for a Heart-Shaped Face
Another most common to round face is heart shaped face. It is characterized by a broader forehead, and narrow jawline and chin. When you choose glasses for such face type, the focus is mainly on diverting the attention away from the wider forehead and creating an illusion of broad chin. So, look for eyeglasses that have frames wider than your forehead or detailed end-points. Frames with low-set temples and curved edges are perfect.
- Avoid dark colored eyes and frames with decorative temples and embellished tops. Say no to heavy browline frames.
- Best shapes and styles: Classic Clubmaster and cat-eye frames.
- Frames for a Diamond-Shaped Face
Rarest of all face shapes, a diamond face features a narrow hairline and forehead and pointed chin whereas cheekbone area is widest. Buying glasses for such shape is the easiest as it features both- angular and curvy details. If you have a diamond face then choose wider frames and top-heavy glasses like semi-rimless styles and un-swept styles.
- Avoid narrow frames and those having thin rim and too rounded in shape.
- Best shapes and styles: Round and Oval. Cat-eye, pilot and Clubmaster.
Filed under: eyeglasses