Singapore is a bustling city-state that is known for its rich culture, delicious food, and unique attractions. With just 36 hours to explore this vibrant city, you might be wondering where to start. Fear not! In this guide, we’ll share our recommendations for the top things to do, where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around to make the most of your short stay in Singapore.
Please note that this page contains affiliate links. While we only recommend products that we believe in, we may benefit financially from any purchases you make.
Where to Stay for 36 Hours In Singapore
To make the most of your time in Singapore, we recommend staying in a central location. One great option is the Marina Bay Sands, which boasts stunning views of the city skyline and is conveniently located near many of the city’s top attractions. Alternatively, you can also consider the chic and trendy boutique hotels in the Kampong Glam and Joo Chiat neighborhoods for a more local experience.
Recommended Hotels In Singapore
There are many great hotels to choose from in Singapore, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. Here are a few recommendations based on different budgets and preferences:
Marina Bay Sands
Price: £££ | Hotel rating: 9.1 | Stars: 5
This iconic hotel features a rooftop infinity pool, a casino, and stunning views of the city. It is located in the heart of the Marina Bay area, close to many of Singapore’s top attractions.
The Fullerton Hotel
Price: ££ | Hotel rating: 8.8 | Stars: 5
This 5-star hotel is housed in a beautifully restored historic building, with spacious rooms and stunning views of the Singapore River. It features an outdoor infinity pool, a fitness center, and a variety of dining options.
PARKROYAL on Pickering
Price: ££ | Hotel rating: 8.7 | Stars: 5
This eco-friendly hotel features a unique design that incorporates lush greenery and waterfalls throughout the building. It is located in the bustling Chinatown neighborhood, close to many restaurants and shops.
Price: ££ | Hotel rating: 6.8 | Stars: 4
This budget-friendly hotel is located in the trendy Bugis area, with easy access to many of Singapore’s top attractions. It features modern rooms and a rooftop swimming pool with a great view of the city.
How to Get Around Singapore
Getting around Singapore is relatively easy thanks to its efficient public transportation system. You can take the MRT subway or buses to get around, or try the iconic cable cars to get a bird’s eye view of the city. Alternatively, you can also use ride-hailing apps like Grab to navigate the city with ease.
Where to Eat In Singapore
Singapore is known for its incredible food scene, so be sure to indulge in some of the local delights. For breakfast, head to a hawker center and try the classic Singaporean breakfast of kaya toast and soft-boiled eggs. At lunch, head to a local restaurant and try the famous chili crab or Hainanese chicken rice. For dinner, head to a hawker center and try some of the delicious street food like laksa, rojak, or char kway teow.
How To Spend 36 Hours In Singapore
- Arrive in Singapore and check into your hotel.
- Start your day at Gardens by the Bay, which opens at 9 AM. Explore the Flower Dome and Cloud Forest for a stunning display of flora and fauna.
- Check out the Supertree Grove, where you can walk along the OCBC Skyway for an incredible view of the gardens and the city skyline.
- Grab a quick bite at the nearby Satay by the Bay hawker center for a local breakfast of kaya toast and coffee.
- Head to Marina Bay Sands Skypark Observation Deck for a panoramic view of the city.
- Explore the nearby ArtScience Museum for a unique mix of art and science exhibits.
- Take a stroll along the Helix Bridge for a picturesque view of Marina Bay Sands and the Singapore skyline.
- Head to Chinatown for lunch and explore the colorful streets, visit the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple and Museum, and try some of the delicious street food like satay and chili crab.
- Catch the stunning light and water show at Marina Bay Sands.
- Head to Clarke Quay for dinner and explore the vibrant nightlife, with a variety of bars and restaurants to choose from.
- Start your day with a delicious breakfast at one of Singapore’s many hawker centers, such as Maxwell Food Centre, Tiong Bahru Market, or Lau Pa Sat.
- Visit the iconic Merlion Park for a photo opportunity and learn about the significance of the Merlion statue.
- Take a walk around the Civic District to explore some of Singapore’s historic landmarks, such as the Parliament House, the National Gallery, and the Victoria Theatre and Concert Hall.
- Head to the vibrant Kampong Glam neighborhood for lunch and explore the colorful streets, the iconic Sultan Mosque, and the trendy boutique shops.
- Take a walk through Little India for a taste of the Indian culture and cuisine, and check out the colorful Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple.
- Visit the National Museum of Singapore to learn about the history and culture of Singapore.
- Head to Marina Bay Sands Casino for some entertainment and try your luck at the tables.
- Take a walk along the Singapore River for a scenic view of the city lights.
- End your day with a nightcap at one of Singapore’s rooftop bars, such as 1-Altitude, Ce La Vi, or Lantern, for a breathtaking view of the city skyline.
How To Spend 36 Hours In Singapore Map
In just 36 hours, you can experience some of the best that Singapore has to offer. From its stunning gardens to its vibrant culture and mouthwatering food, Singapore is truly a city that has something for everyone. We hope this guide has inspired you to plan your own adventure in this exciting city-state!
The post How To Spend 36 Hours In Singapore (with map!) appeared first on Wanderlust Led.