I stayed at a resort in Devgad with an amazing view of Devgad windmills and the Arabian sea. This resort named Vedaa Holidays is located on a hill that overlooks the Devgad beach and the adjacent windmills.
Devgad is a small non-touristy beach town located between Ratnagiri and Malvan on the western coast of Maharashtra. It is well known for the Alphonso mangoes of Devgad, but not yet popular among the tourists for its beaches. The result is that the beaches are very clean with white sands and crystal clear blue water.
This is my day 12 out of my 21 days Maharashtra tour.
Quick Details about Vedaa Holidays Resort
- Best time to visit: All around the year, every season has something good to offer.
- Food: The in-house restaurant prepares delicious food as per your request.
- Accomodation: Comfortable AC rooms with hypnotic balcony views.
- Watch my youtube video from Vedaa Holidays Resort.
- Make bookings at Vedaa Holidays Resort.
- ATMs: There are several ATMs in Devgad and getting your cash isn’t an issue.
- Network coverage: Good cellular network for Jio.
- Petrol pump: The nearest petrol pump is around 2 km away in the town of Devgad.
- Activities nearby: Devgad Beaches, Devgad fort and lighthouse, Devgad Zipline
How to reach Vedaa Holidays Resort
The best way to reach the resort is by your own bike or car. If you arrive by public transport, come to the Devgad bus stop and then take a rickshaw to the resort.
- Pune to Devgad distance: 366 km or 8 hours.
- Mumbai to Devgad distance: 509 km or 10 hours.
- Ratnagiri to Devgad distance: 94 km or 2.5 hours.
- Malvan to Devgad distance: 48 km or 1.5 hours.
Vedaa Holidays Resort
There are a few resorts in Devgad but the service and hospitality at the Vedaa Holidays Resort are unparalleled. Despite being farther from the town and closer to the beach, this resort provides all facilities and comfort which we would receive in a hotel located in a city.
Devgad windmills park
Several windmills are lined up on the hill adjacent to the Devgad beach. Vedaa Holidays resort is located close to the windmill park in Devgad and offers 24×7 views of the windmills. You can sit watching them for hours without getting bored. Some of the rooms have a view of the Arabian Sea in the distance. This windmill and beach combination is quite unique and found at very few beaches in Maharashtra.
Recreation and facilities at this resort
Vedaa Holidays resort in addition to being closer to the Devgad beach has its own swimming pool. This pool with crystal clear waters is a nice place to relax. The playing area here is a good way to get rid of your kids for a while. Additionally, you can host events, meetings or destination weddings at this beautiful resort too. Moreover, you can also have a workation or work from beach holiday while staying at this resort. The cellular coverage and network work better here than anywhere else in the Konkan region.
Food at Vedaa Holidays
At their in-house restaurant, they provide a multi-cuisine menu that is not limited to Konkani cuisine. This multi-cuisine menu has several items ranging from South Indian food to Punjabi dishes. You can order anything you want whenever you want.
Places to visit nearby
This resort is located very close to the Devgad beach. But there are many more places for sightseeing around the town of Devgad. Find them in my another blogpost on places to visit in Devgad.
The post Vedaa holidays resort: The best resort in Devgad appeared first on Shepherd Traveller.