Forged steel Valve electric actuator is an important driving device for the Forged Steel Valve automatic control, program control and the remote control. The movement of the valve can be controlled by torque and axial thrust. The working characteristics and their utilisation depend on the type of forged steel valve that is operating specifications of the device and the position of the forged steel valve on the equipment or the pipeline. They are widely used in industrial applications. And these valves are designed in different kinds, such as gate valve, globe valve, etc., but all those valves are produced in the same way.
Components of forged valve
In general forging and casting are the most common production way. They are produced by closed die forging they are later shaped. The foreign dies are used to press the heated billets to create the required shapes and dimensions. Forged steel valves components have many benefits for industrial applications.
Forged steel valve generally consists of these parts;
- Specific motor, they are characterized by strong overload capability, small rotational inertia, short working time and intermittent operation.
- Manual, electric switching mechanism, interlocking mechanism for electric or manual operation
- Torque limiting mechanism that is to adjust the torque and make them to exceed a predetermined valve.
- Speed reduction mechanism to reduce the speed of the motor.
- Opening indicator that is to indicate where the forged steel valve is in the process of closing or opening.
- Stroke control mechanism to adjust accurately to control the forged steel valve’s opening and closing
Select electric actuator according to their type;
- Angle stroke actuator- It is suitable for forged steel valves, forged steel ball valve, and forged steel plug valves. This actuator may be divided into direct connection type and the base crank type according to their installation interface modes.
- Straight stroke– This type of electric actuator is best suitable for single-seated forged steel regulating valves, two seated valves etc., and the movement of the outer shaft of the electric actuator is usually linear, not in the form of rotation.
Advantages of forged steel valve
Both the forging and casting methods have their advantages. The forgings ensure the thickness of wall and dimensional tolerances are uniform. This process gives strength, integrity and density to the valve. Important benefit of forging is the directional flow line structures. Due to quality and low-cost customers prefer forged steel valve than the castings.
Thus, there are the best ways to get the most benefits of forged steel. Discharge piping should be smooth and straight. Where possible, a “broken” connection close to the valve outlet is selected. All discharge piping must be run directly as it is practicable until the point of final release for disposal. The valve must be discharged to a safe disposal area. Discharge piping must be properly condensed to prevent accumulation of fluid towards the flow of the safety valve.The discharge piping should be weighed through a separate support and properly braided to withstand the reactive thrust force when the valve is relieved. Read more about hyper valves.
The post Things to know about forged steel valve appeared first on NowArticles.com.