The first planned city of the nation, Chandigarh, is one of the top holiday destinations in India. Being the capital of Haryana and Punjab, the city is one of the most significant city in the country, not just in terms of administration, but also as the business, industries, medical, and educational centre of the region. But, interestingly the city itself is not a part of both states, and is directly administered by Central Government. It is a very secure city and has the lowest crime rate in the country. Additionally it is also the cleanest city of the nation. Located on the foothills of the Shivalik the city is most blessed by the nature. While one is on his way to the city, the most striking feature of the city that immediately attracts one's attention is the limit of the stretch of the radiant-blazing blue sky with the mountains adding a whole new level to the beauty.
Reaching the city is easy, as there is rail, road, and air routes to the city. If you are to travel through flights then Kingfisher Airlines, GoAir, Air India, SpiceJet, and Jet Airways have their flights connecting the city to all major states and cities in the country. GoAir, Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, and Kingfisher Airlines have direct flights to the city from Delhi and Mumbai. Besides, there are several trains to and via Chandigarh. There is a regular train service to and from New Delhi. Other than this there are several long-distance trains as well. In addition to all, there are multiple road routes namely NH 21, NH 22, NH 64 and NH 95, connecting the city to neighbouring states.
Finding accommodation in the city is a simple task. The government as well as the private companies has built excellent lounges, guest houses, and hotels in Chandigarh. Whether you are looking for luxurious hotel or a mid-budget one, the city has something to offer to everyone. Hotels at the centre of the city are bit costlier but they do provide all the amenities. Whereas there are several reasonable budget hotels at the large market area of sector 45. In addition to these, the city government has also launched a fantastic 'bed and breakfast scheme' offering the best amenities and comfort at comparatively low prices.
Once you are all settled up, then next is exploring the city. The city may appear oddly familiar to visitors from west and idiosyncratic to the local citizens. Nature has blessed the city with all of its might. Furthermore the city also houses several inspiring and spellbinding constructions, monuments, temples, gardens, lakes, museums, stadiums and more. The list of places to Visit in Chandigarh is simply infinite, however, some of the prime places that one simply can’t miss include –
- Sukhna Lake – it s one of the must visit place in the city. Located in Sector 1, it is an artificial reservoir created in 1958. The acting government of that time created the place by damming Sukhna Choe. It is a perfect place to hangout, one might see residents jogging at the banks of the lake. There are shops, cafeteria, mini-amusement park, and paddle boats. Visit the place at dawn or at evening and chill out in the lap of nature or indulge in activities like rowing, yachting, or bicycling.
- Rock Garden – spread over several acres of land and comprising hundreds of interesting sculptures is Rock Garden designed by Nek Chand. It is he who alone started creating the garden; he specially used to work at night after his normal working day. It was an illegal garden until the officials finally found it and then instead of demolishing it, they helped him out and also gave him salary. This is certainly one of the best tourist spots in the city and definitely worth visit. Chandigarh sightseeing is simply incomplete if you will not visit this stadium.
- Mohali cricket stadium – this is the perfect tour spot for the cricket enthusiast. Getting the chance to go inside the stadium and then standing at the centre is something that is must to be experienced. This is the world-famous lush green cricket stadium that gets flooded by people who eat, pray, and love cricket.
- Kalagram on Chandigarh-Manimajra road – the place is the holy grail for traditional handicrafts and decoration enthusiasts. It has several exhibitions going around in all seasons in a year showcasing art, handicrafts, and decoration from various states of the country.
- Funcity – it is the biggest amusement cum water park in the whole north region of the country.Having a reach of around 42 acres it has number of exciting rides ranging from extreme thrill to family oriented rides having fun factor. A few of the rides are quite crazy to make the visitors scream. The place also boasts of a 5D theatre and boating included with no extra charges. The water park houses some fun slides that are not to be missed in any way. These include – Crazy Falls, Crusader, and Orange River Raft.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com