Ayurveda has many home made remedies and herbal products to protect the Skin and to increase the fairness of our skin. The beauty care products available on the market generally contain chemicals, which can cause damages to our skin over time. Nowadays people have started to avoid or minimize their use and turn towards using natural and organic ingredients for their skin care needs. Glowing skin gives us self-confidence. Ayurveda has a number of herbal remedies which can naturally increases the beauty of our skin.
1.Turmeric For Natural Glow
Since ages turmeric is used as ayurvedic herb for skin problems and also for antibacterial and anti-ageing properties. It has properties of giving a natural glow to the skin. Turmeric also slows down the process of skin ageing .
- Take 1 spoon of turmeric powder and 1 spoon of rice powder in a plate and then add 1 spoon of raw milk and 1 spoon of tomato juice to make a spreadable paste. Apply this pack on face and neck for 20 minutes and wash your face with warm water to brighten your skin.
2. Aloevera For Skin Problems
Aloe Vera is one of the best herb of nature that has a number of skin and health benefits.
- Aloe vera gel can be used directly onto your skin like a cream and then rinse it off after at sometime.It helps to prevent skin from drying. It can also be used as a moisturizer when applied on skin before makeup.
- It can also be mixed with fruit pulp or with almond oil and apply it on face and neck for 30 minutes and wash with warm water. It will be very useful for treating pigmentation .
3.Sandalwood For Skin Lightening
Sandalwood is a ayurvedic herb used for skin lightening . It is one of the best skin care herbs in Ayurveda. It is very useful for treating acne, scrapes, rashes and many other common skin problems. It provides a cooling effect to the skin when applied . It is very useful for skin, when overexposed to the sun.
- Sandalwood For Acne Treatment: Make a thick paste using 1 teaspoon of sandalwood powder and turmeric powder, and mix it well using clean water. Apply it before bedtime to treat pimples and acne.
- Sandalwood To treat Itchy Skin: sandalwood powder and turmeric powder should be mixed properly to treat itchy skin and add a teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon to the mixture to form a paste. Apply around trouble-area, leaving it for sometime and then rinse it with cold water.
4. Kumkumadi Oil For Improving Skin Texture
It is a herbal oil used for facial massage. It helps to improve skin texture and provides fairer skin. Oil is a mixture of 16 Ayurvedic ingredients. It also helps to remove marks and tanning from our skin.
- You can apply this oil directly on the skin such as your face, and neck. Massage your face and neck using the upper parts of your finger for 5 minutes. Leave it there for about 20 minutes and wash using cold water.Do it once in a day for good results.
5.Carrot To Nourish Your Skin
carrots are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants.Carrots can be used to prepare an inexpensive face mask.It is very rich in potassium. So, drinking carrot juice can keep your skin hydrated.
- Grind carrots to a smooth paste and add a teaspoon of honey ,milk cream,and few drops of oil milk and make it a paste. Apply it on the face and leave for 30 minutes and wash it using warm water. This helps to nourish your skin.
6.Cucumber To Calm Your Skin
It is not only a coolant for the skin, it also works as an antiseptic . It nourishes the skin , helps the skin to look younger and reduces the wrinkles .
- Whizz the cucumber till it becomes liquid, then add 1 drop of rosemary essential oil and mix it with 1 egg white and apply it over the face for 15 minutes.This helps to calm our skin.