The IMEI of every smartphone is normally locked to the device and has nothing to do with SIM card change. Knowing the IMEI of your smartphone is of great advantage, and once your device gets stolen, permanent block of the devie can be easily executed once you provide your device carrier with the IMEI.
Tested Infinix devices - infinix hot, infinix hot 2, infinix hot note 2 infinix hot note x551, infinix zero, infinix x351, x530, x401, x350, x560, Infinix Zero 3, Infinix Note 2 etc…
To change your device imei, if it’s to a blackberry imei, you’ll need to download
the app >>Blackberry IMEI Generator
… you’ll also need to download the tool codenamed >> MTK Engineering mode
1. Firstly, backup your device imei so you can always change back to default. To backup, simply dial *#06#, also check the 3 hidden ways to check imei of your android device.
2. Next, get the imei you wish to change to, if blackberry imei, use the bb generator to generate a blackberry imei.
the MTK Engineering mode software and launch… on the software
, tap on MTK settings and swipe your screen to connectivity >> on connectivity menu
, tap “CDS Information”>> “Radio Information” and tap on Phone 1 (to change imei for sim 1) and Phone 2 (to change imei for sim 2).
4. Once you get to Phone 1 menu, you’ll see AT+, now clear it and input AT+ EGMR=1,7,”THE NEW IMEI NUMBER YOU WANT TO CHANGE TO” (endeavor that there is space between AT+ and EGMR i.eAT+ EGMR=1,7,”3383838282837373”…
5. Next, tap on “Send at Command” and you’ll see a message saying “AT command sent”… you’re done. You can now reboot your device, dial *#06# to check for IMEI.
6. Want to change for sim 2, simply go to “Phone 2”… you’ll also see AT+, now clear and input AT+ EGMR=1,10,”THE NEW IMEI NUMBER YOU WANT TO CHANGE TO” (endeavor that there is space between AT+ and EGMR i.eAT+ EGMR=1,10,”3383838282837373”…
7. Click send at command as u did for Phone 1 and reboot after getting the “at command sent” message.
That’s it… feel free to comment if you got any complain… don’t forget to share this guide with your friends on social network. Now you know how to change IMEI of your Tecno and Infinix devices, you can go ahead and tweak your device…