For a professional electrician, speed, efficiency, and safety are everything. Every electrician knows the importance of having the right Tool at the right moment. Usually having a toolbox is good enough for quick access to tools. However, if you need to fix an electrical fault on the ceiling, will you be taking your carrier up the ladder? No, because it will just get on your way. Similarly, you can't climb down stairs every time you need a new tool. Therefore, you need an alternative, and that alternative is an electrician Belt.
The sole purpose of an electrician belt is to help you carry tools where you go. Additionally, it provides an extra bit of ease of access, which your regular too bag or box fails to provide.However, with so many manufacturers and electrician belt brands, it can be quite challenging to pick the right belt. This is why we've compiled this definitive guide that will help you make the right decision when choosing an electrician tool belt for your electrical needs.
A Quick Look at the Best Electrician Tool Belts
Occidental Leather 5590 M
CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608
TradeGear Medium Electrician Combo
Occidental Leather 9855
DEWALT DG5641 20 Pocket
OX Tools Four Piece Tool Rig
Things to keep in mind when buying an electrician tool belt
1. Construction Material - Two of the commonly used materials on the electrician belts are nylon and leather. Leather is infamous for its durability, toughness, and ages well. It should be an ideal choice if longevity is your primal concern. On the other hand, nylon does hold up pretty good and can certainly take a beating, especially if it has a heavy duty stitching. Even though it's weaker of the two, it does age well. However, in case of a break, nylon is cheaper to replace than leather. If you want the best of both worlds; longevity and cost-efficiency, choose a belt that blends leather and nylon into one.
2. Number of Compartments - The number of pockets in your electrician tool belt will depend on the number of tools you carry. Most of the belts have 10-15 pockets, even though this number can go up to 30. Before you purchase a belt, ensure that you factor the number of tools that you carry or use.
3. Comfort - It's super important that you invest in a belt that fits and feels comfortable. Let's face it, carrying a belt full of tools is not an easy task. For maximum comfort, go for belts that have padding on the interior lining. Also, choose a belt with breathable material for an extra comfy experience.
4. Sturdiness - While the material may play a significant role in the sturdiness of the belt, you should pay special attention to the overall design and structure of the belt. Some belts aren't just built well. You will find that with time, the seams and rivets start to pull apart. You want to invest in a belt with superior qualities.
5. Price - When it comes to the belt pricing, ensure that you choose a tool that is well within your budget range. But most importantly, aim to strike a balance between cost and quality. Choose a belt you cannot only afford but also a belt that addresses all your electrical needs.
Review of The Top 7 Electrician Tool Belts
Now that you're well versant with what you need to look out for when choosing your electrician belt, let's delve into the top 7 belts you should look out for. We hope that by the end of the article, you will have decided on which belt to go for. Read on.
1. Occidental Leather 5590 M Electrician's Set
Key Features of Occidental 5590 M
- Heavy duty leather construction for ultimate durability.
- Two multi-compartment bags.
- No spill tool holder system.
- Hand-specific tool holders.
Are you in search for the best of the best-the Rolls Royce of tool belts? Occidental Leather brand has sought to deliver a belt that can accommodate nearly any and every electrical need you might have. This comprehensive approach is visibly observed by the sheer glut of compartments this belt offers. Occidental Leather 5590 M offers a wealth of pouches and compartments and is a blessing to any modern electrician.
The belt has a dozen different tool compartments, clips, pockets, and straps. These compartments are a mixture of both large and small pockets. One of the bag features four large compartments for larger pieces of equipment, while the other bags features over 30 pouches. Although the belt does not have a specialized clip for tape measure, you can clip with tape and drill bit holders to the exterior of one of the larger pockets to ensure efficiency on the site.
Among the dozen, pockets are the specialized compartments designed to hold special tools such as the screwdrivers, flashlights, pliers and other tools. And even though the belt is constructed of heavy-duty quality leather, do not get tricked into thinking its heavy; it only weighs a mere 5.3 lbs.
What we like most about the belt is its superior craftsmanship, durability, convenience, and comfortability. And did we mention that it's available in a variety of sizes, and has a highly adjustable fit?
2. CLC 1608 Electrician's Comfort Lift Rig Tool Belt
Key Features of CLC 1608
- Built-in cordless drill pocket.
- Zippered top flap pouch to prevent spillage of tools.
- Hand-specific tool holders.
- Dual strap system.
- Flexible weight size.
If our top pick, Occidental Leather 5590 M was a Rolls Royce, think of the CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 as a Mercedes. The CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 is an incredible value for your money and has been designed ergonomically with your body shape in mind. However, unlike the latter, the CLC 1608 is made from high-quality polyester fabric that makes it tough as you would want it to be.
When it comes to versatility, the belt is second to none thanks to the adjustable waist size. The adjustable weight size is handy as it allows the belt to easily fit people with a waist size of 29 inches to 46 inches. Additionally, the belt is uniquely engineered to allow even weight distribution around your waist, meaning that it does not exert any extra strain or pain on your back or hips.
The main selling point or rather what separates the CLC 1608 from other belts in the market is shoulder harness system that it is exceptionally comfortable. The belt features a dual strap support system, which is designed to provide additional support for the tool pouches. The shoulder strap further reduces the weight load, making carrying of bulky tools easier. Combine this with the thick triple padded shoulder straps, and you get one of the most comfortable electrician's tool belts on the market today.
3. TradeGear Medium Electrician Combo Belt
Key Features of TradeGear
- Nylon web-core interior.
- Air-Channel ventilation.
- 250 denier DuraTek fabric.
- Contoured back support for maximum comfort.
- Reinforced with bar-tack stitching and heavy-duty rivets.
Are you in search of best all-around value electrician’s tool belt? The TradeGear Medium Electrician is a tool belt that is designed with you in mind. For a start, this electrician tool belt is spacious and is specifically designed to carry the tools of a professional electrician. The belts boast of two voluminous heavy-duty pouches along with 27 durable pockets, all varying in sizes to accommodate your electrical needs.
Another unique feature of the belt is the excellent design of the belt and bag with easy to carry handles. This convenient design makes it easy for transporting and taking the belt on and off. For a heavy duty belt like this, expect sturdiness and durability. Specifically, the belt uses 250 deniers DuraTek fabric as the base material and is strengthened by a nylon web-core interior. Finally, the belt is reinforced with bar-tack stitching alongside heavy duty metal rivets at every stress point on the belt.
For maximum comfort and cooling, TradeGear Medium Electrician partnered with Partnered with Gatorback Contractor Pro to include high-density breathable memory foam padding, an air-channel ventilation and contoured back support.
4. Occidental Leather 9855 Adjust-to-Fit Tool Bag
Key Features of Occidental Leather 9855
- Rafter square sleeve.
- Pre-installed D-rings for use with the suspension system.
- Fully adjustable belt sizing to allow seasonal clothing changes.
- Bags feature hand-specific tool holders that promote maximum working rhythm on any task.
If you're looking to spend a few extra bucks and to get a more feature-packed tool belt, then the Occidental Leather 9855 would be a great choice for you. The tool belt features the proprietary Adjust-to-Fit Fat Lip Bag Design- ten-inch deep industrial nylon bags with leather-reinforced bottom and corners. The unique design features 24 pockets and tool holders with room for more equipment than you would want to carry.
Additionally, the Adjust-to-fit system offers a full range of waist adjustments and can accommodate pant waist sizes from size 32 inches to 41 inches. Of course, there're plenty of different sizes, so don't form a sweat about that at all. On the rear of the belt is a rugged 5020 2-in-1 Tool and Hammer holder, which offers twice the tool capacity in the belt space of one item. You can either add it to your tool or use it alone.
For maximum protection, the belt features a 2003 xy Tool Shield in the right bag. This is to mean, that the right bag can be used for special items such as chisels, knives or even a diagonal cutter. What we liked most about the product is the lightweight and comfortable canvas fabric of the belt selection based on original leather Buscadero design, but uses premium neoprene, rugged commercial nylon, and leather components.
5. Gatorback B145 Triple Combo Back Support Belt
Key Features of Gatorback B145
- Medium 31-35 inch waist for best-fit measure.
- Pro-Comfort Back Support makes this the most comfortable belt on the market.
- Comes with Three Pouches, a Hammer Loop and Tape Measure Holster. Able to fit everything you need.
Inspired by Gator's Back, the Gatorback B145 offers three specialties in one; comfort, support, and ventilation. First of all, let's begin with support. The 9-pouche belt comes with an interior plastic lining that gives the belt a box shape that won't sag. Moreover, unlike other pouches that are sewn at a point, the box is designed to keep the pouches open, accessible and prevents your tools from poking hole through the bottom.
For maximum comfort, the belt sports a patented air channel designed to provide you with a breathable, comfy and sweat free experience. You'll be surprised to know that even the foam backing used in this belt is made from an ultra-breathable material that will keep the belt cool and comfortable.
Another feature that supplements the comfort level on this belt is the adjustable waist sizes that are based on the average fit for each size. Finally, for easy transport and easy use, the belt features carry handles, plus each pouch is specially designed to carry the tools of a professional electrician.
6. DEWALT DG5641 20 Pocket Framer's Combo Apron
Key Features of DEWALT DG5641
- Large, Gusset-style pockets for easy access and extra capacity.
- Patented pouch handle which allows simple belt adjustments and easy one-hand carrying.
- Full- adjustable padded suspenders for even weight distribution.
- Five padded belts with double-tongue roller buckle for an extra comfort and stability.
No more going back and forth from your toolbox to your electrical project. DEWALT 5641offers you a convenient way to carry your tools as you work with this 19-Pocket Framer's Combo Apron with suspender. The belt comes with eight large Gusset-style pockets and 21 smaller sleeves enough to hold all your tools, nails, parts or anything you may need.
For an extra comfort, the belt has 5-inch adjustable padded suspenders with double-tongue roller buckle. These suspenders help in even weight distribution, while the buckle keeps the tool belt stable and in position. The patented pouch handle allows for simple belt adjustment and easy one carrying. If you've large tools, the two steel loop hammer holders will help you with that.
7. OX Tools Four Piece Construction Rig | Outback Leather
Key Features of OX Tools Four Piece Construction Rig
- Top grain oil-tanned "saddle" leather for enhanced feel and softness.
- 22 tool holders and pockets layout for perfect rhythm.
- Fits waist size 29 inches to 46 inches.
While OX Tools may not have the same prestige as DEWALT or Occidental in the tool carrying product market, they're right up with them. The OX Tool Four Piece is a belt built for all-day comfort and long life. This belt works perfectly well even in the most demanding job sites. The belt has been specially designed for use for everyday day use and pays special attention to all the electricians with larges tool, thanks to the large 22 pouches.
The fastener bag on the belt serves as main nail bag with a slot between the two front pouches for a layout square. Also, it features a marker pouch and a holder for a Claw bar. The inner pouches for hand tools and markers include a tape measure for quick access. Finally, the dedicated hammer holder offers flexibility in placement for quick muscle-memory retrieval.
When it comes to choosing the best electrical belt, the type of electrical work you do will most likely inform your decision about which is the best electrician’s tool belt. However, the electrician belts listed here include different features that will help you determine your ideal option. The belts feature different material, compartments, weight, sizes, price, comfort levels and much more. I recommend that you give a try to that which fits your desires since they have what it takes to address all your electrical needs.
The post 7 Best Electrician Tool Belts appeared first on Incredible Lab.