Switching from one OS to another comes in with its own problems, one such problem is transferring your contacts. Thankfully there is a way to transfer your contacts from Android to iOS. You just need to follow the steps given below:
Enable Google Contact Sync on Your Android Phone:
- Open Settings on your Android smart phone and click on “Accounts”. After that click on Google.
- Now, scroll down to contacts and enable contacts sync.
Transfer contacts to iCloud:
Now that you have successfully synced your contacts using Google. You need to head on over to Google Contacts website and download all your contacts in vCard format:
- Once you are in the website,click on "More" on the left hamburger menu and select export.If you receive a popup then click on the option that says "Go To Old Version".
- Once your are redirected to the older website. Click on the option thats says "More" and then select "Export".
- Once a new window pops open, select “All Contacts” and choose “vCard format” for the export format. After that, click on “Export”. All of your contacts will be downloaded as a vCard file on your PC.
- After that go to Apple iCloud Website and login in with your Apple Account or else create one.
- Once logged in, Click on "Contacts".
- After that click on the gear icon on bottom left part of your screen and Click on "Import vCard".
- After that a windows pops open. Here select the vCard file that you just downloaded and Click on "Open". This will sync your contacts on iCloud.
Sync iCloud Contacts on your iPhone:
- On your iPhone, go to the Settings App and click on "iCloud". Now enable contacts sync by clicking on the toggle next to Contacts.
- Now, go to the Phone app and tap on Contacts.You'll find all your contacts that were on your Android Smartphone.