If you are seeking an alternative for Popcorn Time or Kodi, you probably must have heard about Terrarium TV. The application is an Android APK file, which allows users from all over the world to watch movies/TV shows freely through various streaming channels. However, the app is not limited to android devices only. You can even use it on FireStick, iOS, and Windows through a little tweaking. Are you fond about the Terrarium TV app? Read this guide below to learn more about it:
Valuable Features & Recent Updates of Terrarium TV
Terrarium TV is the universal application for Android users who want to watch high-quality videos in 720P and 1080P. You can easily download and install it free of cost and view movies/TV shows in both: offline and online mode. Every video comes with subtitles and you can even choose the language, similar to Popcorn Time. Though initially intended for Android use only, the application is now becoming popular among users of other OS/devices.
Developers have worked hard on the overall appearance, creating a platform that promotes high-quality streaming, without any buffering issues. Movies in 4K resolution are also available, which guarantees an excellent cinematic experience on your large TVs. The app even supports Chromecast and comes equipped with a huge database in different genres like horror, thriller, fantasy, adventure, romantic, action, comedy, and drama.
Simple Steps to Download & Install Terrarium TV
As mentioned earlier, the Terrarium TV application is only available on Android smartphones. However, after growing in popularity, you can now use it on various devices/OS. Below we highlight simple steps to download and install Terrarium on FireStick, Android Box, Windows, and iOS:
If you want to download Terrarium TV on FireStick, you will first have to download and install “ES File Explorer”. Below we provide detail instructions on how to go about the process:
- Switch on the Firestick TV and go to the “Settings” menu
- Click on the “System” tab and Select “Developer Options”
- Turn on “ADB Debugging” and “Apps from Unknown Sources”
- Go the search bar and type “ES File Explorer”
- Tap on the file name to begin installation of the program
- Open the “ES File Explorer” and go to the “Menu” option
- Now go and tap on the “Tools” option and click on “Download manager”
- Tap on the “+new” tab from the menu option and enter: http://bit.ly/2wJPzJB
- This will automatically begin the download process of the Terrarium TV APK File
- Click on the “Open File” option after download completion
- You will receive a notification “Terrarium TV has installed”
- Return to the home screen and open the app to begin watching TV shows/movies
The Android OS is conquering platforms rapidly. It was first only available with smartphones, then on tablets, but now it is making its debut in the Smart TV industry. You can download Terrarium TV directly from the pre-installed Google Play Store. Follow the steps below:
- Open your Android TV Box and go to your home screen
- Search the “Apps Row” for Google Play Store
- Enter the credentials for logging into your account
- Search for “Terrarium TV” in the Play Store
- Or visit the website and click on the “→Download Terrarium TV (1.8.1)←” option
- The Android box will automatically install the application
- Return to “Apps Row” and select “Terrarium TV”.
Terrarium TV does not offer dedicated applications for any platform/device (excluding Android). This means, in order to run the app on your Windows PC, you need to download and install an Android Emulator. For this process, we use the Bluestacks app.
- Download and install the Bluestacks application on your PC
- Launch the application and on the side download the Terrarium TV APK File from here
- Find the downloaded APK file from Bluestacks and double-click
- This will begin the installation process. Wait around 10 to 30 seconds
- Enjoy streaming movies/shows via Terrarium TV on your PC!
To use Terrarium TV, you will first have to install Vshare. This app itself is not available on Apple Store either and installing it from another source will require a jailbeak. Follow these steps to learn how to install the app without any issues:
- Go to your device browser and type “vshare.com” in the URL
- Click on the Vshare application and hit the “Install” button
- After installation, open Vshare, and search for Terrarium TV
- Click on the application and tap the “install” button
- You can now use Terrarium TV on iOS
Terrarium TV vs. Kodi
If we compare both services, Kodi definitely manages to secure the win. Where Terrarium is only limited to Android devices, Kodi offers compatibility to all popular platforms/OS. You also have multiple add-ons available, which allow you to enjoy live streaming of sports, news, and games. This feature is not available in Terrarium. You can only watch movies/TV shows on the application.
Terrarium TV Vs. Popcorn Time
Terrarium TV gives a tough time to Popcorn Time. Both application boast quite the similar interface and appearance with movies/TV shows categorized by large thumbnails. However, the latter definitely proves more convenient, as it is available on all platforms. Thanks to its P2P/streaming technology, you can also download/stream movies/TV shows faster.
Is Terrarium TV Legal and Safe to Use?
The application itself does not host any media, similar to Kodi and Popcorn Time. It only acts as a search engine for finding the best streams available with the added features of selecting subtitles and language. As a result, Terrarium TV is completely safe to use and legal to download/install. However, if you are caught streaming pirated content by your ISP, you may enter into copyright infringement issues.
This is why it is advisable to use a VPN service. Popcorn Time is the only streaming platform that comes with a built-in VPN application that offers unmatched protection. However, if you are using Terrarium or Kodi, you will have to buy a subscription separately. Below is a list of the top VPN providers, based on reliability, security, privacy, support, and performance.
How to Remove Ads on Terrarium TV?
One of the most annoying things about using Terrarium TV is that you have to cancel all out irritating and spammy advertisements, before you actually get to watch the content. Popcorn Time and Kodi are both free from such promotions. If you want an ad-free experience on Terrarium TV, you can donate money to the developer. For more information, visit the settings tab on the app and find the option labelled as “Remove all ads”.
Is Terrarium a replacement for Kodi or Popcorn Time? Not really! While it may be a good application for streaming movies/TV shows FREELY on Android devices, the application has a long way to go for competing with the hit open-source platforms. Nevertheless, we hope our guide proved helpful in installing the application. Do not hesitate on commenting below, if you encounter any issues.