Recently People started to complain about Microsoft is collecting data from Windows 10 on the name of feedback to improve OS and their other services, and I think peoples are Right because this is not a new issue, Microsoft is collecting your data from years. It may be started on a larger scale with Windows 10 but it doesn’t mean that the older versions are safe and not collecting user data.With some Windows updates, they are doing the same on the other version of Windows. You can easily find some clue and post on the internet and Social media like Facebook and Google.So main question here is How to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10?
Why do we Ned to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10?
With its new operating system and Update, Microsoft tends to collect a lot of personal data in order to improve its services and offer a personalized service to each of its users. But Did not you think that they can collect too much data if they want, They are interfering in the privacy of users too much, That’s why we need to block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10.
One more thing and important thing is that In Microsoft Windows 10 there is a Privacy Option in the Setting but it is not enough. You can check it by going into settings and then privacy.It is not enough because we can’t disable Diagnostic and usage data to be sent to Microsoft. That’s why these tricks are important to protect our privacy.
And this post is all about, the methods to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10 because just sticking with Windows 7 is not a great solution ( As I already explained above). You have to follow two very easy methods to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10. One is very old, might be some of you know about it but the second one is new.
Turn Off Telemetry to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10
Telemetry built into Windows 10 for improving the features and overall experience of the operating system through automated uploads of data. These data could be anything from your App history to File browsing history. That’s why the automated uploads of data is not safe for our privacy. so for those who don’t want to participate in providing automatic feedback to Microsoft to improve the Windows operating system, Telemetry can be turned off completely by using the following method.
Turn Off Telemetry to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10 Follow steps:
- Type and Serch Services in the Search Bar which will be on the right side of the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Now After Searching you will see Services desktop app in the search result then Run the Services desktop app.
- Locate Diagnostics Tracking Service in the services list and double click on it or open its Property Sheet.
- Now in the property sheet window Click on Stop to Stop the Diagnostics Tracking Service and then change the Startup Type to Disabled.
You May Also Like:- The Ultimate Comparison: Google Home Vs Amazon Echo
http://Is Bose QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones II Worth To You?
Edit the Host File to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10
To Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10 the most effective way is to block access to Microsoft’s remote servers. To do this, You just have to edit the hosts file of your Computer.Adding these lines into the hosts file will block access to Microsoft servers.thus your data will be safer than before.
Best Method to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10
- Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc\
- Locate the hosts file and make of copy of it in the same folder.
- Now Run Notepad as administrator because, For security, the hosts file is locked in write mode.
- Click on File ( at top Left corner) and then Click on Open.
- Now browse and open the hosts file from C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers \ etc\
- If not visible then at the Right-Bottom of the Browsing Window, You will find Text Documents (*.txt), Click on it and select All Files (*.*)
- Now Copy the Lines Provided Below and add/Paste into the file.
- After adding the lines Save the file.
- To save the file Press Ctrl+s or Click on File ( at top Left corner) and then Click on Save.
- Now Restart your computer.
Copy these line and paste into hosts file as described in step 6 above.
127.0.0.1 choice.microsoft.com.nsatc .net
127.0.0.1 sqm.df.telemetry.microsoft .com
127.0.0.1 telemetry.appex.bing .net: 443
127.0.0.1 watson .microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 statsfe2.update.microsoft .com.akadns.net
127.0.0.1 corp.sts .microsoft.com
127.0.0.1 ac3 .msn.com
127.0.0.1 c .atdmt.com
127.0.0.1 h1.msn .com
127.0.0.1 pricelist .skype.com
127.0.0.1 www.msftncsi .com
Source: Sebastien at bhmag.fr
You May Also Like:- How To Delete or Unlock Undeletable files or folder from Windows 10,8 or 7
Convert Your Harddisk from MBR to GPT for Windows 10 installation
I was a huge fan of Windows 7 and 8.1 but Windows 10 definitely builds on top of them.I actually much prefer 10 because it is a perfect OS for Laptops.It gives me the freedom to do all the things from Photo Editing to Gaming with great battery backup. Yes, great Battery backup, I tried Windows 7, 8.1, and some Linux distros but Windows 10 gives me 1-hour extra battery life while doing same work. That’s why I prefer Windows 10 on my laptop. This privacy issue in this lovable OS is not a good thing. Nowadays big companies are doing the same thing with all the users.To protect our privacy we have to try hard and take all the required steps.
Thank you for reading and visiting our blog.You can share your views using the comment section below. Share with all the windows users and Keep visiting.
The post How to Block Microsoft to collect data on Windows 10 appeared first on Andro Root.