The Sqoop and its primary reason is to Import data from structural data sources such as Oracle/DB2 into HDFS(also called Hadoop file system).
To our readers, I have collected a good video from Edureka which helps you to understand the functionality of Sqoop.
The comparison between Sqoop and Flume
The Sqoop the word came from SQL+Hadoop
Sqoop word came from SQL+HADOOP=SQOOP. And Sqoop is a data transfer tool. The main use of Sqoop is to import and export the large amount of data from RDBMS to HDFS and vice versa.
List of basic Sqoop commands
- Codegen- It helps to generate code to interact with database records.
- Create-hive-table- It helps to Import a table definition into a hive
- Eval- It helps to evaluateSQL statement and display the results
- Export-It helps to export an HDFS directory into a database table
- Help- It helps to list the available commands
- Import- It helps to import a table from a database to HDFS
- Import-all-tables- It helps to import tables from a database to HDFS
- List-databases- It helps to list available databases on a server
- List-tables-It helps to list tables in a database
- Version-It helps to display the version information