Growing kids tend to repeat all sorts of colorful language heard while at school, yet there's one particular C-word that causes some parents to feel a special type of dread. Chemistry. A new teaching tool raising funds on Indiegogo adds an innovative twist to the traditional chemistry model kit in a way that should make the subject more accessible and enjoyable for parents and students alike. Happy Atoms combines augmented reality with a physical product to educate students about the wonderful world of molecules.
- Augmented Reality
- New piston skirt coatings promise significant reduction in engine friction
- 1927 Nobel Prize in chemistry medal up for auction
- Hybrid polymer shows promise in self-repairing materials, smart drug delivery, and artificial muscles
- Material that thickens when stretched may lead to better body armor
- Material with new record melting point predicted
- Scientists use new catalysis method to boost biodiesel yields