Shigeru Ban's tribute to his country's tallest mountain opened its doors over the holiday period, the Mt Fuji World Heritage Center now welcoming visitors to the esteemed architect's newest landmark building.
- Shigeru Ban
- Drones light up Mt Fuji in spellbinding audiovisual display
- Gatebox reimagines Amazon Alexa as fawning anime girlfriend
- Tree-inspired café in Japan balances on a trunk of Jenga-like blocks
- Nissan tests fully autonomous prototype on streets of Tokyo
- Fukushima five years on: The fears, the fallout and the future
- Flat-packed toilet brings relief to disaster-struck areas