Unpleasant as it is, pain serves an important function by telling us that something is wrong. But for people suffering from chronic pain conditions, the message is blaring constantly, and conventional painkillers aren't all that effective. Now, a new hope for relief might have been found in the strange case of an Italian family, who all have a Genetic Mutation that makes them feel almost no pain at all.
- University College London
- Tailored treatment? 107 genes found linked to high blood pressure
- Hereditary gut microbes found to influence weight gain
- Ancient mummy DNA reveals surprises about genetic origins of Egyptians
- Mutated genes pegged to age-related conditions in mice
- Can't get to sleep? The reason may be in your genes
- Over 100 genetic risk factors for asthma, hay fever and eczema identified