Fine arts photographer and artist Jaime Alvarez was looking for a long-term home that could also function as his studio when he came across this three-story 1880s brick commercial building in Philadelphia's Fishtown neighborhood.
- Contemporary home design makes room for mirrored brainstorming cube
- Striking contemporary passive house hides underground in the Cotswolds
- The great Aussie shearing shed inspires a modern family home
- Why live in a house of straw?
- Shi-An: A Japanese origami tea house made entirely out of paper
- Film festival brings AR/VR to architects and designers