In what may be a preview of the future of athletics, Hubo, a humanoid robot, carried the Olympic Torch in Daejeon, South Korea as part of the relay leading up to the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics. Hubo, who was built by a team at the KAIST public research university and took out the DARPA Robotics Challenge in 2015, had to perform a disaster rescue operation to hand off the torch to the next runner.
- South Korea
- What will the 2056 Olympics look like?
- London sculpture's twisting slide is almost complete
- "Mount Rushmore" building morphs into human faces at Sochi Winter Olympics
- Japan collects old gadgets to craft 2020 Olympic medals
- UK Olympics sculpture to become world's tallest and longest slide
- NHK-Japan to broadcast Rio Olympics in 8K