By January 2019, the Space Center Houston (SCH) is hoping to fully restore the historic Apollo Mission Control Center (MCC) back to its former 1969 glory, ready for the 50th anniversary of humankind's first steps on the Moon. The MCC, which acted as the nerve center for the Apollo moon landings, and later for the US Space Shuttle Program, had fallen into disrepair to the extent that, in 2015, the National Park Service labelled the site as "threatened."
- Apollo 11
- Secret pouch from Apollo 15 up for auction
- The fatal blaze that almost cost America the Space Race
- NASA remembers Apollo 1 crew
- NASA declassifies Apollo 10 "space music" ... in 1973
- Where no man had gone before: The 45th anniversary of Apollo 8
- Apollo 15 watch sells for US$1.6 million