Led by Prof. Dick Broer, scientists from the Netherlands' Eindhoven University of Technology and America's Kent State University have created what they claim is "the world's first machine to convert light directly into walking." It actually undulates more than walks, and could ultimately be used for applications such as the transportation of small objects within inaccessible spaces.
- Kent State University
- Technical University of Eindhoven
- Restricting field of view to reduce motion sickness in VR
- 400 year-old mystery of Prince Rupert's drops finally cracked
- Textile muscles could find use in a literal "power suit"
- Ceramic sponges can take the pressure – and the heat
- Broccoli compound could offer obese diabetics a drug-free way to slash blood sugar levels
- Fecal transplant improves autism symptoms