Scientists believe they've spotted the biggest Wave ever discovered. But before you pull out your surfboard, you should probably know this is a tad bigger than anything you'd find on Earth: this wave is roiling through an extremely hot gas cloud in the Perseus cluster and stretches 200,000 light-years across, meaning it's twice the size of the Milky Way galaxy.
- Hubble observes vast gas cloud set to collide with the Milky Way
- Restless star pushes water snow line into view
- Astronomers discover the biggest thing in the Universe
- Create your own hi-res 3D model of a stellar outburst
- Scientists forecast weather on planets outside our solar system
- NuSTAR captures mysterious high-energy X-ray glow from the center of the Milky Way