What if someone could take control of an autonomous car simply by playing a piece of Music embedded with Malicious sound frequencies? Researchers at the University of Michigan have provided compelling evidence highlighting how a variety of technologies including smartphones, fitness wearables and automobiles can be hacked using specific acoustic tones.
- Same object, different sound thanks to acoustic voxels
- Metamaterial "Lego" creates simple, energy efficient 3D acoustic holograms from any speaker
- Acoustic metasurface design completely absorbs low frequency sound
- New supermaterial bends and focuses sound
- Hopped-up smartwatches gain new powers
- Humans might have a good batting average for learning echolocation