Can’t face the drive to the airport? Why not bypass the whole circus and jump in your two-seat, vertical take-off and landing all-Electric engine jet aircraft? That’s the vision for the Lilium Jet, an aircraft currently being developed in Germany under the auspices of the European Space Agency’s business incubation center that boasts fly-by-wire joystick controls, retractable landing gear, gull-wing doors, and a claimed top speed of 400 km/h (250 mph). The creators claim that this personal e-jet could be made available to the public as early as 2018.
Continue Reading Lilium electric jet: VTOL air travel for the masses?
- Electric Aircraft
- XTI Aircraft Company offers stakes in the TriFan 600 VTOL business plane
- DARPA’s unmanned X-Plane packs electric fans aplenty for vertical take-off and landing
- Can Boom bring back supersonic flight without the astronomical price tag?
- Cobalt’s Valkyrie: Bruce Wayne’s new private plane?
- Electric 18-rotor Volocopter makes first manned flight
- DARPA’s ICARUS program to develop self-destructing air delivery vehicles
from Gizmag Emerging Technology Magazine http://ift.tt/1Zv8rQM
The post Lilium electric jet: VTOL air travel for the masses? appeared first on Computers | Websites | Digital Media | Games .