Here are Facebook tips to enable you to use Facebook to your best advantage. Some of the Facebook tricks are standard and available if you look for them. However, many people do not take the time to learn all there is to know about Facebook, and if you need any of the services, functions or tricks and tips below they are presented for you to use.
1. Show Only One Name on your Facebook Account
Facebook normally requires your first and second names, and shows these as your account name. However, some people prefer only their first or second name to show, and there is a way to achieve this.
Click on this Proxy Link and you will find it set to Indonesia. Facebook allows Indonesians to register with just one name, since many in that country only have the one name. You will see a number of proxy IP addresses, of this is just a small part:
Change the proxy on your browser:
- a) On Firefox go to Options -> Advanced -> Settings ->
b) On Chrome go to Settings -> Show Advanced Settings -> Network.
- Under Network click to ‘Change Proxy Settings’ then click on LAN Settings to get this section:
- Clock the box “use a proxy server . . . “ then copy the proxy from the Indonesian IP Address and paste that into the relevant fields thus:
- The IP address goes into ‘Address field’ and the Port number goes into the ‘Port’ field.
- Click ‘bypass proxy server. . .’ then OK.
Now go to your Facebook Account ‘Settings’ and change the language to Bahasa Indonesia. Facebook now thinks you are Indonesia. Remove the last name on your Facebook name and Save. No go back and change your language to your original, e.g. English US. You will now have only your first name showing on your Facebook account and posts.
2. Connect to More than One Facebook Account at a Time (Chrome and Firefox Users)
Normally it is not possible to be logged into more than one Facebook account at a time. If you are using Chrome or Firefox, it is possible to create another user profile.
So: Go to Chrome -> Settings -> Users or People -> and click on ‘Add New User’ or ‘Add Person’ depending on your version of Chrome.
Choose a profile picture and add a name for the new ‘user’ or ‘person’. Click ‘Create’ or ‘Add’ and a new window opens. You can then add a new name to use as a second user. Login to Facebook and you can create a second account using a second user thus:
You can do the same using Firefox. When you login, you will see both users at the top right on Facebook and you can choose either. Login for each user and you have two users open on your account at the same time. Both of them you of course!
3. Make Your Profile Picture Part of Your Cover Image
Using this tip, you can come up some amazing profile images that are also part of your Facebook Cover photo. Go to Tricked Out Timeline to find out how you merge your profile and cover photo, take a section of your cover to be your profile picture or even zoom your profile picture up to create a cover.
Here’s one example of what’s possible:
4. Sync Your Facebook Events with Your Google Calendar
If you use the Facebook Events feature you will know where to find it – click ‘More’ under your cover image and scroll down to ‘Events’. If you also use Google Calendar, then you will likely find it useful to sync your events into your Calendar. This is not difficult to do.
First, Login to Facebook, go to your ‘Home’ page (Not Timeline) and click on Events on the left hand side. At the bottom right you will see links to ‘Upcoming Events’ and ‘Birthdays’. Click on each to get a link address. Copy these.
Second, access your Google Calendar page and find ‘Other Calendars’ on the left of the page. Click on the Down arrow button, and select ‘Add by URL’. Paste the first link and click on ‘Add Calendar’. Do the same with the other link and you have now synced the two calendars so that any new event added to Facebook will also be added to your Google Calendar.
5. How to Accept Multiple Friend Requests at Once
Sometimes Facebook users get a load of Friend requests over a short period of time. To deal with these one at a time can take a long time, but there is a way to accept them (if you want to) all at once. Here’s how:
- Go to your Friends Request Page and make sure all the requests are loaded. Scroll right down to the end of the page if you have a lot of them.
- For Firefox: Ctrl+Shift+K
For Chrome: Ctrl+Shift+J
- You must then copy a Java code to paste it in console section on this Friends requests page. This code is:
- Click on Enter and you should see that what you want to happen does happen!
The post Facebook Tips, Tricks and Hints to Make Facebook More Fun appeared first on TechLila.