If you have a home network and are running Windows 7 and have XP on other PC(s) you want to share files between them. To share printers on a network, you must add both computers to the same homegroup, configure the network sharing options and then install the Printer to the machine.
If you have all windows 7 system and you want share printer with them then follow this blog-How to Share Printers in Windows 7 .
Step1: First make sure both machines are members of the same Workgroup .
Step2: On the Windows 7 machine go into Control Panel -> All Control Panel Items ->Network and Sharing Center then click on Change advanced sharing settings.
Step3: Then click "Change advanced sharing settings..." Click "Turn on network discovery" and "Turn on file and printer sharing." Click "Save changes."
Step4: Sign on to Windows XP and connect to the network. Click "Start." Right-click "My Computer." Click the "Computer Name" tab.
Step5: Enter the Windows 7 workgroup name into the "Workgroup" field. Click "OK" three times to close all of the dialog boxes. Restart the Windows XP PC.
Step6: From Start menu go to Control Panel and Click "Printers and Other Hardware," then "Printers and Faxes."
Step7: Right-click the printer which you want to share. Choose "Sharing..." from the context menu. Click the "Sharing" tab, and then click the radio button next to "Share this printer." Click "OK."
Install Printer on Windows XP
To install printer on windows xp follow the given procedure :
- From start menu go to my computer and choose the option My Network Places from the left pane. Then click View workgroup computers from the "Network Tasks" section.
- Double-click on the Windows 7 computer. Enter the user name and password for the Windows 7 account. Click "OK."
- Select a printer to use, then click "Connect." Click "Yes" when the "Connect to Printer" dialog box appears. Windows XP will install the printer to the computer.
- Sign on to Windows 7 and connect to the network. From start menu go to the control panel and click on Hardware and Sound.
- Select add a printer option from the "Devices and Printers" category. Click "Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer."
- After completing the all steps choose the Windows XP printer from the list. Click "Next." Click "Install driver and Windows 7 will install the Windows XP printer to the PC. Click "Finish."
Note:If you are not able to work on the above steps, you can reach online technical support service desk from V tech-squad at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201.