YouTube TV is a live TV streaming service that offers access to over 100 channels covering entertainment, news, sports, and more. Launched in 2017, Youtube TV provides an affordable and flexible alternative to traditional cable TV.
Overview of YouTube TV Channel List
YouTube TV allows subscribers to stream live TV from major broadcast and cable networks. Some of the key features include:
- Cloud DVR – Recordings are stored in the cloud rather than a set-top box. You get unlimited DVR storage space with recordings kept for 9 months.
- Simultaneous Streams – YouTube TV supports up to 3 concurrent streams on different devices at the same time.
- Profiles – Up to 6 accounts can be created per household with custom YouTube TV channel lists and DVR libraries for each profile.
- Devices – YouTube TV is available on phones, tablets, computers, smart TVs, and TV streaming devices like Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
- No Commitment – YouTube TV has no contracts, so you can cancel anytime.
YouTube TV Pricing and Free Trial
YouTube TV costs $72.99 per month with options for add-ons available. New subscribers can get a free trial to test the service:
- Base Plan – $72.99 per month for over 100 channels
- Sports Plus Add-on – $10.99 for additional sports channels
- 4K Plus Add-on – $9.99 for streaming in 4K resolution
- Premium Networks – HBO Max, SHOWTIME, and STARZ can be added
- Free Trial – New members get a 5-day free trial of YouTube TV’s channel list and features
Now that you understand the basics of YouTube TV’s offerings and pricing let’s take a deep dive into the YouTube TV channel list and lineup.
YouTube TV Channel Lineup by Category
Entertainment Channels on YouTube TV
YouTube TV offers an extensive lineup of popular entertainment cable channels:
- TBS, TNT, USA Network – Catch cable dramas like The Alienist, comedies like Miracle Workers
- FX, AMC, Bravo, E! – Top reality shows like The Real Housewives and Married at First Sight, along with original series like Atlanta, American Horror Story
- HGTV, Food Network, TLC, ID – Home renovation shows like Fixer Upper, cooking competitions like Chopped, and addictive reality series covering true crime, relationships, and more
- Comedy Central, truTV, IFC – Daily Show, standup specials, offbeat original comedies
- MTV, VH1, BET – Reality shows spotlighting music and pop culture like Teen Mom, Black Ink Crew, Wild ‘N Out
- WEtv, Lifetime, OWN – Female-focused dramas, romances, and true stories
- Discovery, History, Animal Planet – Educational reality programs covering nature, science, history
- Disney Channel, Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network – Family friendly shows, animated comedies, tween programming
With new series being added all the time, YouTube TV’s entertainment channel lineup has something for all tastes and interests.
Additional YouTube TV Channel Options
Beyond the standard package, YouTube TV provides extra channel add-ons to expand your entertainment options:
- Sports Plus – Get even more sports with NFL RedZone to catch live scoring plays, Fox College Sports for NCAA football and basketball, MAVTV for motorsports
- Entertainment Plus – Extra entertainment channels like HDNet Movies for round-the-clock films, Sony Movie Channel for Hollywood classics, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and more
- Epix – Premium movie channel can be added for $5.99/month
- Spanish Language Networks – 40+ Spanish language channels available covering entertainment, news, sports
Premium networks like HBO Max for $14.99/month, SHOWTIME for $10.99/month, STARZ for $8.99/month, and Cinemax for $9.99/month can all be added to give you the most entertainment options.
With its broad base package and optional add-ons, YouTube TV offers lots of flexibility to customize your entertainment channel lineup.
Comparing YouTube TV to Other Streaming Services
When considering cutting the cord, YouTube TV stands out as a top streaming service for its channel lineup and features. How does YouTube TV Channel List compare to other live TV streaming options?
Hulu Live vs. YouTube TV
- Hulu Live has over 75 channels but lacks some sports networks like NFL Network, MLB Network, and regional sports.
- YouTube TV has a larger channel list with more national sports channels.
- Both provide local ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox stations plus cable channels like ESPN, TNT, and CNN.
- Hulu includes full streaming access to Hulu on demand library. YouTube TV does not include regular YouTube.
- YouTube TV has unlimited DVR, and Hulu Live has 50 hours of DVR storage.
Sling TV vs. YouTube TV
- Sling Orange/Blue has 30-50 channels for $35-$50/month. Add-ons can expand the channel list.
- YouTube TV channel list is much more extensive at over 100 channels for $72.99/month.
- YouTube TV carries more local broadcast affiliates for ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox.
- Sling lacks DVR by default. YouTube TV has unlimited cloud DVR.
fuboTV vs. YouTube TV
- fuboTV offers plans from $69.99/month with over 120 channels. Focused on sports channels.
- Both carry extensive sports lineups including NFL Network, ESPN, and FS1.
- YouTube TV has TBS, and TNT that fuboTV lacks. fuboTV offers more regional sports networks.
- fuboTV offers a 1000-hour DVR limit. YouTube TV DVR is unlimited.
By comparing channel lists, prices, and features, you can determine which streaming provider is the best fit for you.
YouTube TV Membership Details
When signing up for YouTube TV, there are some key details to understand about pricing, streams, profiles, and more.
YouTube TV Subscription Cost
The base YouTube TV package costs $72.99 per month. Here’s what’s included:
- Over 100+ channels in the core YouTube TV channel list
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage
- 3 simultaneous streams per account
- Access across many devices like Roku, Apple TV, phones
Add-on packages for more sports, entertainment and Spanish language channels can be purchased for extra per month. Premium networks like HBO Max also incur an additional fee.
Number of Streams Allowed
YouTube TV allows 3 concurrent streams on different registered devices under one account. This means 3 people can be watching YouTube TV at the same time.
To add more streams, you can create up to 6 user profiles under one subscription and get 3 streams per profile.
DVR Storage and Management
One major perk of YouTube TV is unlimited DVR storage for recordings. You can record as many shows as you want from the YouTube TV channel list and they are stored for 9 months.
Your DVR content is stored in the cloud rather than a set-top box. Recordings will not take up space on your mobile device or streaming player.
Getting Started with YouTube TV Channel List
Ready to cut the cord and try out YouTube TV? Here is a step-by-step guide to signing up, setting up devices, and navigating the service.
Signing Up for YouTube TV
Getting started with a YouTube TV membership is quick and easy:
- Go to tv.youtube.com or download the YouTube TV app
- Select “Try it Free” to start a 5-day free trial
- Enter your zip code to see available local channels
- Provide account info and payment details to create your membership
With the free trial, you can test out the YouTube TV channel list before committing. Cancel anytime during the 5 days if it’s not for you.
Setting Up Streaming Devices
YouTube TV works on many streaming devices, smart TVs, game consoles, and mobile apps.
Popular options to access YouTube TV include:
- Roku – Add YouTube TV channel on your Roku device
- Fire TV – Download YouTube TV app on Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV Cube
- Apple TV – Get YouTube TV app from the App Store
- Smart TVs – Pre-installed YouTube TV app on many smart TVs
Refer to YouTube TV’s help site for instructions on setting up and linking your device.
Navigating YouTube TV Channel List
Once signed into YouTube TV, you can browse the channel guide, view saved recordings, set reminders, and customize your experience:
- Guide – Scroll through available channels and content playing now
- Library – Access your unlimited DVR recordings, organized by show
- Home – Manage profiles, see recommendations, customize settings
- Search – Find shows, movies, teams, events to record or watch live
Take advantage of YouTube TV’s features to personalize your channel lineup, streamline recordings, and keep track of favorites.
YouTube TV FAQs
For those considering the service, here are answers to some frequently asked questions about YouTube TV.
What channels are on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV provides over 100 channels covering entertainment, news, sports and more. The core YouTube TV channel list includes local broadcast stations (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC), sports channels (ESPN, TNT, NFL Network), news channels (CNN, MSNBC, Fox News), and top cable networks (TBS, HGTV, Cartoon Network). Add-on packages expand the lineup.
Does YouTube TV have local channels?
Yes, YouTube TV carries live local affiliate stations for ABC, CBS, Fox and NBC in most US markets. Enter your zip code on YouTube TV’s website to see which local channels are available in your area. OTT streaming services like YouTube TV are required to carry local broadcast stations.
How much does YouTube TV cost?
The monthly price for YouTube TV is currently $72.99 a month. There are no contracts so you can cancel anytime. Optional add-ons like Sports Plus and premium channels are available for extra fees.
How many channels can you stream at once?
YouTube TV allows 3 simultaneous streams per account. You can have up to 6 user profiles within one membership for a total of 18 concurrent streams.
Does YouTube TV have DVR?
Yes, YouTube TV has unlimited DVR storage. You can record an unlimited number of programs from the YouTube TV channel list and they are stored for 9 months. Recordings are stored in the cloud rather than in a set-top box.
Final Thoughts on YouTube TV Channel List
In summary, YouTube TV offers an impressive selection of must-have entertainment, news, and sports channels. For many cord-cutters, the YouTube TV channel list provides virtually all the content they want to watch without the high price tag of cable.
Benefits of YouTube TV
Some of the biggest benefits of YouTube TV include:
- Huge on-demand library with unlimited cloud DVR storage
- No contracts, easily cancel anytime
- Access to live local broadcast stations like ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox
- Most major cable networks like ESPN, HGTV, CNN included
- Unlimited streams with up to 6 user profiles supported
Drawbacks to Consider
A few drawbacks to note include:
- $72.99/month cost higher than some competitors like Sling TV
- Missing a few niche channels that competitors offer
- Local channel availability limited for some smaller markets
- No option for long-term subscription discounts
Overall, the positives of YouTube TV like the channel lineup, unlimited DVR, and profile support make it one of the top streaming TV services for cord-cutters and a viable alternative to cable. Those looking to ditch traditional TV while still being able to watch live sports, news and hottest shows will find YouTube TV’s channel package delivers.
Give YouTube TV a test run with the free trial to determine if the service’s channel selection is suitable for your household. Take advantage of flexible account management, intelligent search and recommendations, and integration with Google services for a modern live TV streaming experience.
This post first appeared on DJI Mini 3 Pro: Finally, Pro-Quality Video In A Super Compact Drone, please read the originial post: here