Blockchain is a charismatic technology, working wonders through its smart contracts and nodes. From finance, logistics, real estate, digital assets, you name it; Blockchain is gaining popularity as quickly as a flash across all available sectors. However, nothing can be done without the right programming language when you think of blockchain app development.
It is a thousand times worth understanding the best programming language for blockchain development. Because there is a fair chance, you will need to integrate blockchain technology into your business, irrespective of the industry. And if you are a developer, learning blockchain programming languages is a primary requirement, and it will strongly support your career.
Although, picking out from over 700 software development programming languages is not a child’s play. You need to apprehend several aspects in every programming language before creating a blockchain network, even on Ethereum virtual machine EVM. Moreover, your decentralized application types and functionality also matter in selecting the language.
So, without further ado, let us delve into the popular programming languages for developing high-level blockchain applications.
Pro tip: Before that, clue up about what is blockchain and blockchain app development.
Top 10 predominant programming languages for blockchain app development
C++ has been a programming language for cryptocurrencies since the first generation of crypto like Bitcoin. Back then, C++ was the primary choice to implement the majority of crypto projects. In fact, the first-ever implementation of Blockchain was initially written in C++.
Moreover, the most promising mining software and native wallets were also written in C++. Bitcoin, Ripple, Litecoin, Monero, EOS, Stellar, and QTUM are several C++-based blockchains. Let’s see what makes C++ a good choice for blockchain development:
- C++ has multiple capabilities, including move semantics, primitive control over memory, code isolation, advanced multi-threading;
- Offers object-oriented features, such as function overloading, runtime polymorphism, etc., which enable blockchain developers to mold data and functions together in one module quickly, similarly Blockchain molds the blocks with cryptographic chains.
Python is an object-oriented and general-purpose programming language that disrupts machine learning, IoT, and blockchain app development paradigms. The versatile language is famous for its rapid development with tremendous open-source support, frameworks, and libraries without sacrificing performance or security.
Therefore, Python is a preferred language when it comes to dApps and smart contracts development. You may also have seen it used in cryptocurrency exchange development. Python’s famous blockchains include Ethereum, Hyperledger Fabric, Steem, and NEO. Other things that make Python optimum language for blockchain coding are:
- Python offers open-source packages for blockchain;
- It’s a scripting language and doesn’t need to compile;
- It has an easy learning curve;
- It allows to create simple blockchain or its prototype quickly;
- Building blocks with the relevant information and linking them together is much easier to do with Python.
- It’s the best choice to create smart contracts for fungible and non-fungible tokens;
- It’s developer-friendly blockchain language;
- Supports inheritance between smart contracts;
Java is a ubiquitous and classic programming language created by James Gosling as a replacement for C++. If you are wondering how this language works for sophisticated smart contracts and dApp development, then read below reasons:
- Java’s portability property (write once, run anywhere) is useful in blockchain;
- In addition, its programs use universal JVM (Java Virtual Machine) and are not dependent on the system-specific architecture;
- There are abundant libraries available;
- Smart contracts such as Truffle and ARK are built using Java.
Ample software products have been developed using two-decade-old object-oriented programming language C#. It’s straightforward, flexible, and very helpful in connecting different blockchains with each other. Since it can bridge various blockchain platforms written in different languages, creating private or public decentralized apps becomes a breeze. More reasons to use C# for blockchain app development are:
- The language comes equipped with features of C, SQL, and .NET frameworks;
- It’s open-source and identical to C++ and Blockchain coding Java;
- It allows developers to write cross-platform applications.
- Easier and earlier entry to the market;
- Can exclusively focus on app logic.
A statically-typed yet compiled multi-threaded programming language, GoLang allows different processes to run concurrently. Consequently, it can handle numerous parts of blockchain simultaneously and effectively. Hence, it is the best choice for blockchain coding, specifically, for developing hyper ledger fabric, the foundation blockchain app development. On top of that, it is also famous for NFT marketplace development.
It also has other features that enhance performance, such as generics, classes and inheritance, constructors, annotations, exceptions, etc.
Ruby is an interpreted high-level programming language with object-oriented features that provide simple and clean syntax for developers. Developed in the mid-1990s, it is now gaining momentum as an efficient blockchain programming language. The reason is Ruby offers plenty of open-source plugins and third-party APIs that empower developers to prototype their ideas effectively.
Ready to start your blockchain development? Hire our app developers!
Rust is a new system-level, multi-paradigm and general-purpose programming language. Its syntax is similar to C++ with memory-efficient qualities. It’s also widely considered for creating secure and innovative solutions. Rust’s efficiency and reliability characteristics make it ideal for blockchain development.
Consequently, developers can create effective blockchain frameworks faster and more successfully. To your surprise, Ethereum blockchain is written using Rust as well.
Unlike C++ or Python, Rholang has a functional programming approach, which is valuable in solving various blockchain problems. Besides, it’s an open and scalable language for blockchain, and its apps evaluate the entire program in a series of functions to solve them sequentially.
Since it’s not object-oriented and has a functional paradigm, developers choose Rholang to develop high-level projects like Smart Contracts.
Blockchain is thriving, intending to be everywhere. That’s why it is recommended to grasp the technology and how you can leverage it sooner. As for the programming languages, new languages will keep emerging with the evolution of Blockchain. No matter what language you choose to learn or create your blockchain-based products, you must dig deeper.
Features, capabilities, and security are the principal characteristics to look into your blockchain programming language. And if you could not wrap your head around these technical languages, it’s good to connect with a blockchain app development company.
That’s it for now, Ciao!
The post 10 Best Programming Languages For Blockchain App Development appeared first on kodytechnolab.