Starting from May 20th, 2018, Microsoft will stop supporting three Windows phone version of apps: Microsoft Teams, Yammer and Skype for Business.
How will this affect my Windows phone?
The retirement of these three apps means that they will be removed from the Microsoft Store and there will no longer be any updates on the apps. However, Microsoft will continue to support Windows 10 Mobile with no new features for the system.
Starting on May 20th, you will notice:
- Skype for Business and Yammer may continue to work but will cease to receive any updates
- Microsoft Teams will stop working completely and will display an error message when trying to connect
- Microsoft Teams, Yammer and Skype for Business will still be alive on iOS and Android, Windows PC and macOS
Want to learn more about VoIP mobile apps? Follow the links below or simply call one of our dedicated VoIP experts at 1-800-398-8647 today!
- Digium Switchvox: The Softphone features every road warrior can’t live without
- 5 FREE SIP Softphones and affordable deskphone options
The post Microsoft Discontinues Support for Teams, Yammer and Skype for Business on Windows Phone appeared first on VoIP Insider.
This post first appeared on VoIP Insider - Everything You Need To Know About V, please read the originial post: here