I've been buried of late, so I apologize for this very late post regarding the newest Project 2020 Topps card of Jackie Robinson. It was made available over the weekend, but is now closed to new orders. It was created by tastemaker/streetwear influencer Oldmanalan. As you may recall, his Sandy Koufax card came out in mid-April and sold 2,488 copies (link here). This Jackie Robinson card sold a total of 3,268 copies.
As you can see, Oldmanalan has taken the 1952 Topps Jackie Robinson card and replaced the original drawing used on the card with an actual color photograph. His head is tiled slightly, so Oldmanalan tilted the nameplate to match it -- no doubt to the consternation of those with OCD.
Go here to check the card out and order. A complete checklist of all the cards in the set can be found here. The reverse of the card is on the right. BTW, you can follow his twitter here: @oldmanalan_; Instagram: @oldmanalan. Below is a current Jackie Robinson checklist of Topps Project 2020 cards with their corresponding artist and Print runs:
- #3 - Naturel -- (link here) -- 1,302 print run
- #31 - Sophia Chang -- (link here) -- 2,741 print run
- #42 - Blake Jamieson -- (link here) -- 2,980 print run
- #79 - Mister Cartoon -- (link here) -- 11,643 print run
- #98 - Joshua Vides -- (link here) -- 20,219 print run
- #114 - Efdot -- (link here) -- 14,067 print run
- #140 - Tyson Beck -- (link here) -- 6,068 print run
- #156 - Matt Taylor -- (link here) -- 4,046 print run
- #176 - Fucci -- (link here) -- 3,253 print run
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *