What does the Depth Chart look like heading into camp?
Quick hit thoughts:
- On paper the offensive line looks much improved over last year’s squad. Now, a lot depends on the coaches getting the most out of these guys, but at least Denver has some more talent than they had last year.
- Before the Charles acquisition this running back group looked pretty weak; Anderson has never made it through a full season, which leaves Booker, a rookie, a street free agent, and Juwan Thompson. The front office apparently agreed with me, as they went after another play maker in Jamaal Charles. If everyone stays healthy, this is one of the stronger position groups on the team
- It’s not listed on the chart, but I’m penciling Isaiah McKenzie as the returner along with Carlos Henderson.
- I’m not touching the QB battle. ;)
- On the defensive line, I think Wolfe will really be the only true “starter” with the rest of the group rotating in situationally and, hopefully, keeping everyone fresh. Kerr can play NT in a pinch and likely plays 1-tech in a beefier sub package. Gotsis is the wildcard as he could command significant playing time if he develops well throughout camp. Walker is likely a situational inside pass rusher for his rookie year.
Pro Football Focus also projects starting lineups in both base and sub packages along with last season’s grades. Check out their version as well:
Big Dime Defense
There’s a few selections of theirs that don’t match up, but for the most part it’s pretty similar.
What are your thoughts on the depth chart? Who would you move around and why? Let’s discuss!