Giants select Kentucky S Mike Edwards to help reinforce their secondary.
With the 171st pick in the 2019 Big Blue Draft-A-Thon, the Big Blue View community selected Mike Edwards (S, Kentucky) for the New York Giants to end the fifth round.
Edwards presents a nice value this late in the draft. A blue collar “Do It All” safety, Edwards was the heart of a good Kentucky secondary. He isn’t an elite athlete, but he has the versatility and experience to do just about whatever the Giants need from a safety, whether it be covering a deep zone or playing downhill close to the line of scrimmage. He will also bring a hard-nosed, physical presence to the defense.
Once again the Giants don’t have long wait until they are on the clock again with the 181st pick at the top of the sixth round.
The Picks So Far
172. Atlanta Falcons - Drew Sample (TE, Washington)
173. Washington Redskins - Kendall Sheffield (CB, Ohio State)
174. Arizona Cardinals - Tyler Roemer (OT, San Diego State)
175. Pittsburgh Steelers - Myles Gaskin (RB, Washington)
176. San Francisco 49ers - Tyan Bates (OT, Penn State)
177. New Orleans Saints - Lamont Gaillard (iOL, Georgia)
178. Jacksonville Jaguars - Karan Higdon (RB, Michigan)
179. Arizona Cardinals - Marvell Tell (S, USC)
Because we are so late in the draft, I will be listing the top 10 players at the Giants’ remaining positions of need, as well as the top rated remaining player.
Best Players Available
128. Preston Williams (WR, Colorado State)
151. Ryquell Armstead (RB, Temple)
181. Foster Moreau (TE, LSU)
228. Tommy Sweeney (TE, Boston College)
233. Zach Gentry (TE, Michigan)
193. Donnell Greene (OT, Minnesoda)
215. Oli Udoh (OL, Elon)
217, Isaiah Prince (OT, Ohio State)
202. Chase Hansen (LB, Utah)
203. Ben Burr-Kirven (LB, Washington)
The New York Giants Are On The Clock
Note: It is possible that the poll will not appear on some platforms. If you can’t see it, state that in the subject line of your comment and make your vote in the body. Only vote once and only comments that state the poll wasn’t visible will be counted. For simplicity’s sake I will not be counting write-in votes. I don’t agree with all of TDN’s rankings either, but we’re going to keep this as organized as possible.