Charlie Nicholas has urged Arsene Wenger to sign strengthen his Arsenal signed with a new centre-half and right-back in the January transfer window.
The Gunners started 2018 in fifth place in the Premier League Table following a 1-1 stalemate with West Bromwich Albion at the Hawthorns Stadium on New Year’s Eve.
Arsenal will face a potentially season-defining London derby on Wednesday night when Chelsea make the short trip across the English capital to The Emirates.
While Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool FC defence has been heavily criticised this season, Arsenal have conceded one goal more than their top-six rivals this season.
Spanish defender Hector Bellerin has struggled to maintain his high standards over the past two campaign amid talk of potential interest from his former club Barcelona.
Shkodran Mustafi and Laurent Koscielny have contended with some injury problems in the 2017-18 season so far.
Former Arsenal midfielder Nicholas wants Wenger to invest in a new centre-half and a right-back capable of pushing Bellerin for a starting spot.
“With that money, the top of the list of positions is at least one centre-back – two ideally – but that’s not realistic in this window, so one top centre-back,” Nicholas told Sky Sports.
“I’m also interested in us getting a right-back to push Hector Bellerin, with Carl Jenkinson, Mathieu Debuchy and Calum Chambers also on the list of players I would move on.”
Arsenal finished in fifth place in the Premier League table last season to miss out on a Champions League spot for the first time under Wenger.
The Gunners won the FA Cup title for the third time in four campaigns at Wembley last season.
MORE: Latest Arsenal news and views
MORE: Football transfer rumours and gossip
The post Arsene Wenger told to make these two Arsenal signings in January appeared first on The Sport Review.