Chelsea are interested in signing Benjamin Mendy from Monaco this summer but face competition from Manchester City, according to Kaveh Solhekol.
The Blues are believed to be on the lookout for a number of other new signings this summer despite having confirmed the arrival of Alvaro Morata from Real Madrid last week as their fourth recruit.
Mendy has been touted as a target for both Manchester City and Chelsea in recent weeks as both clubs look to bolster their options at left-back.
Manchester City were thought to be leading the race for the 23-year-old but Solhekol says Chelsea are still interested as an alternative to Juventus full-back Alex Sandro.
Speaking on Sky Sports News on Friday morning, Solhekol said: “Staying at Chelsea, they are trying to sign Benjamin Mendy.
“Manchester City, though, are favourites to sign him.
“Chelsea are also interested as an alternative to the Juventus left-back Alex Sandro. Monaco want at least £50m for him.”
Chelsea are gearing up for the defence of their Premier League title next season after they won the top-flight trophy in Antonio Conte’s first campaign in charge last term.
The west London club are also preparing for a return to the Champions League after having missed out on a spot in Europe’s elite club competition last term.
MORE: Latest Chelsea news and views
MORE: Football transfer rumours and gossip
The post Chelsea interested in signing £50m-rated Monaco star, claims insider appeared first on The Sport Review.