As things are heating up for the World Cup 2018, in freezing Russia, we decided to put together a list of interesting facts about this celebration of The Beautiful Game. Read on, and trounce your pals at Trivia night, or simply deepen your knowledge about this great sport. You can be sure that punters enjoying the online betting NZ and the rest of the world has to offer will be reviewing their facts and taking advantage of bets regarding them too!
- On the 2nd of December 2010 Russia was given the opportunity to host the FIFA World Cup 2018 for the first time in that country’s history.
- A total of 32 teams will be taking part in the FIFA World Cup 2018. Russia and 13 national teams will represent the European Zone, 5 teams will be representing the African Zone, 10 will appear from South America and Asia, and 3 from the North American Zone. A further 2 Tournament Tickets will get decided on in the Play-Offs.
- The matches will take place in 11 cities, including Moscow, which will host the Finals.
- Russia played host to another FIFA tournament from the 17th of June to the 2nd of July last year, the Confederations Cup. The Germans ended up winning that one.
- There are 8 groups made up of 4 teams each for the Championships.
- FIFA unveiled the World Cup Brand Identity in October 2014, along with its official emblem, which was designed in the shape of the World Cup principal trophy. The theme for this year’s tournament is a dream, along with the idea of the exploration of outer space, and these motifs have been enhanced with folk tropes featuring Firebirds from Slavic folklore, the famous Matroska or Russian nesting dolls, and other lesser-known traditional concepts.
- Zabivaka the Wolf, the mascot for the World Cup 2018, was designed by Ekaterina Bocharova, a student, and got chosen by popular vote online.
- Volunteers play a big part in terms of managing and hosting the FIFA World Cup 2018, and these individuals receive special training in order to equip them for 20 different functional directions. Around 15 000 people will be helping at the World Cup itself, and 20 000 more will take part in the City Volunteers programme.
- The FIFA World Cup 2018 and each of the host cities will be represented by specially elected ambassadors. These will be famous people who are either natives of the city in question, or have some kind of connection to them. They will promote sports in general, a healthy lifestyle in particular, and promote the tournament as well.
- The World Cup is far more than just football matches, and guests will have the opportunity to pay FIFA Fan Fests a visit, too. These are special events organised by FIFA, and everyone who is unable to make it to the stadiums is invited to take part in the entertainment at these Fests instead. They allow for spectators to enjoy the matches safely and conveniently, offering live coverage of the games as they are played.
KEEP FOLLOWING ARSEDEVILS FOR MORE UPDATES AND FACTS ON FIFA WORLD CUP 2018 RUSSIA
The post 10 Incredible Facts About the Fifa World Cup 2018 in Russia that you do not know appeared first on Arsedevils.