Arsenal face League leaders Manchester City on Sunday in a match which will be a true test to Arsenal character and their mettle against key rivals and current Premier league pace setters who are yet to lose a game in the league. Manchester City are without just two key players Kompany and Benjamin Mendy whereas Arsenal are without David Ospina, Shkodran Mustafi, Calum Chambers, Santi Cazorla and Danny Welbeck. Arsenal are currently nine points behind City, who have won all but one of their league games this season and are five points clear at the top of the table. Arsene Wenger meanwhile has decided to keep his faith in Mesut Ozil ahead of the game and has challenged him to produce his very best and prove his level in front of the stats of Manchester City saying :
Big players always want to play in the big games – and City is definitely one of these. And I would say Ozil is in very good shape at the moment, physically and mentally.”
Here are a few key stats ahead of Manchester City vs Arsenal :
- Manchester City have only won one of their last nine matches against Arsenal in all competitions (D4 L4), and that too having won in the very same fixture last time around.
- Arsenal’s 2-0 victory at the Etihad in January 2015 is to date the Gunners’ only away Premier League victory against the so called top six teams since 2014/15 season (D7 L9).
- Manchester City have so far won all 9 of their League games in which they’ve led in this season, while Arsenal have won the most games (3) and points (9) from a losing positions so far this season.
- The Gunners have won only 17 of the 45 away points in 2017, winning 5, drawing 2 and losing 8 of their 15 games on the road.
- Pep Guardiola has won four of his five home meetings with Arsene Wenger in all competitions (D1).
Here is the confirmed line up for Arsenal vs Manchester City at the Ethiad :
One hour to go – and that means it's time for team news— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) November 5, 2017
Here's how we line up for #MCFCvAFC pic.twitter.com/8WnNyOqnn2
Team News | Here we go! Your City XI for today!— Manchester City (@ManCity) November 5, 2017
Brought to you by @haysworldwide #cityvafc #mancity pic.twitter.com/UfpjsnZoNr
The post Manchester City vs Arsenal Confirmed Line Ups and Key Stats appeared first on Arsedevils.