But Wilson’s powers — his ineffable ability to put an entire team, no matter how talent-depleted, on his back — was nearly too strong; the 49ers few miscues too untimely.
The 49ers thought they had forced a fumble and that Jimmie Ward had taken it 100 yards to the opposite end zone, where 49ers general manager John Lynch — who ran onto the field from the sidelines — met him.
The victory means that San Francisco is NFC West champions for the first time in six years and will have to play only two postseason games — both at home — to reach the Super Bowl.
The San Francisco 49ers pulled out a 26-21 win at Seattle thanks to a clutch tackle and an ever-productive offense en route to the NFC's No.
Linebacker Dre Greenlaw's game-saving tackle near the 49ers' goal line will live on in franchise lore and teammates celebrated it after Sunday night's 26-21 win at Seattle.
Despite the return of Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch, San Francisco 49ers win 26-21 and capture NFC West title.
- Penalty Costs Lynch Chance at Winning TD in Seattle ReturnU.S. News & World Report
- 49ers take NFC West, No. 1 seed with 26-21 win over SeahawksWashington Times
- 49ers fans celebrate in San Francisco after big win over SeahawksKGO-TV
- How Dre Greenlaw's technique saved 49ers' win vs. Seahawks by inchesNBCSports.com
- 49ers vs. Seahawks, and the NFC playoff picture, came down to a literal inchSB Nation
- 49ers at Seahawks final score: Mistakes doom Seattle as Niners hang on to win No. 1 seed in thrilling gameCBSSports.com
- Seahawks missed opportunities but showed they have a chance in playoffsMyNorthwest.com
- 49ers just won't quit in nail-biting classic win at SeattleSan Francisco Chronicle
- Marshawn Mania: Lynch ready to go for Seahawks vs. 49ersKOIN.com