The strategy worked out perfectly for the Titans as Henry ran for 211 yards and three touchdowns in Tennessee’s 35-14 victory over the Houston Texans on Sunday.
6 seed in the AFC playoff field and a date against the New England Patriots next weekend, and the missed game didn’t keep Henry from winning the Nfl Rushing title.
Henry overtook Cleveland Browns running back Nick Chubb on Sunday to finish as the NFL’s top rusher for the 2019 season.
Golding spoke a lot about the challenges of starting two true freshmen -- Shane Lee and Christian Harris -- at middle linebacker.
-- On lessons learned as a play caller leading the defense: “I think we’re too damn smart at times and then you try to put them in certain situations.” Sometimes, it’s best to just keep it simple.
What, at any point along the way, did Oklahoma prove anything more than Alabama, Auburn, Florida and Georgia did this year, other than beating Baylor a couple of times?
- Titans RB Derrick Henry Captures NFL Rushing Title in Playoff-Clinching WinTitansonline.com
- Derrick Henry runs for 211 yards to secure NFL rushing title in Titans' playoff-clinching win over TexansThe Comeback
- Henry Got Better as He Went, And Ended Up NFL's BestSports Illustrated
- Nick Chubb loses out on the NFL rushing title to Derrick HenryBrowns Wire
- Derrick Henry finishes 2019 season as NFL's leading rusherClutchPoints
- $.10 After NFL Week 17RealGM.com