But a 1-2 record with losses coming against two of the top programs in the country (Oklahoma and Washington State) is nothing to be ashamed of.
The Green Wave, meanwhile, head into this matchup with a 2-1 mark with the lone loss coming at the hands of SEC powerhouse Auburn.
The Cougs have the most electric quarterback in the conference in D'Eriq King , and through three games, Texas transfer Kyle Porter appears to have emerged as the bellcow running back Holgorsen will lean on this season.
Behind quarterback Justin McMillan and a stable of talented running backs, the Green Wave are going to attack on the ground and maul you up front.
ET Location : Yulman Stadium -- New Orleans, Louisiana TV: ESPN | Live stream: WatchESPN.com
So what picks can you make with confidence in Week 4, and which national title contender gets a huge scare?
- Houston vs. Tulane LIVE STREAM (9/19/19) | How to watch AAC, college football online | Time, TV, channel, line, over ...NJ.com
- College Football Thursday: Houston Visits Tulane in Tonight's Only GameBruins Nation
- Tulane will take its time, and Thursday's college football bets you need to make in Week 4Covers.com
- Houston football vs. Tulane: Time, TV schedule, game preview, scoreWDIV ClickOnDetroit
- Vegas Play of the Day: Houston at TulaneLas Vegas Sun (blog)
- Group of Five Heavy Hitter Thursday Preview 9/19/19College Sports Journal (press release) (blog)
- Houston vs. Tulane odds, predictions: 2019 college football picks from dialed-in model on 30-10 runCBSSports.com
- Houston vs. Tulane Preview: Computer Simulations Have Solid Lean on HoustonScout
- Houston Cougars vs. Tulane Green Wave, 9/19/19 Predictions & OddsTheSpread.com