The Entertainment Tonight correspondent and Hallmark Channel host took to Instagram on Tuesday to open up about his recent diagnosis with renal cancer.
On Wednesday, he shared more of his journey with ET's Kevin Frazier and Brooke Anderson, including how his family -- and two children -- have been by his side.
"It was tough to tell my kids... but man, I have just got such an incredible support system," revealed Mathison, who shares 16-year-old Lucas and 13-year-old Leila with his wife, Vanessa.
Mathison will spend a couple weeks in recovery, afterwhich he's hoping he'll be back to business as usual.
"I am extremely lucky that we found it early," he added, before explaining that he's got a surgery scheduled for Thursday, and he reached out to his friends and social media followers for some support.
"Vanessa, Lucas and Leila have been absolutely amazing with their love and support... as have my mom, dad, brother, and everyone at Home and Family , Hallmark, and ET."
- Former 'All My Children' hunk Cameron Mathison opens up about kidney cancer, to undergo surgery on ThursdayNew York Daily News
- Hallmark Channel host Cameron Mathison reveals he is battling renal cancerfox2now.com
- Soap stars flood Cameron Mathison with support after former 'All My Children' actor reveals kidney cancer diagnosisAOL
- Hallmark Channel Host and Former All My Children Star Cameron Mathison Reveals Cancer DiagnosisTV Fanatic
- 'All My Children' Star Cameron Mathison's “Gut Issues” Turned Out to Be Kidney CancerPrevention.com
- 'All My Children' Star Cameron Mathison Reveals Cancer Diagnosis: 'Feeling Very Grateful and Optimistic'TheWrap
- Home & Family Host and AMC Alum Cameron Mathison Shares Kidney Cancer Diagnosis, Treatment PlanTVLine
- 'Home And Family' Host Cameron Mathison Reveals He Has Cancer; Feeling “Optimistic” After DiagnosisDeadline
- Hallmark Channel Host Cameron Mathison Diagnosed with Kidney CancerTooFab