MARIE, Mich. -- The Bemidji State men’s Hockey team avenged Friday’s road loss by defeating Lake Superior State 5-3 Saturday night, Jan. 26, to force the Western Collegiate Hockey Association series split.
The Grand Rapids, Minn., native buried the night’s first goal just 2 minutes, 19 seconds into the contest.
That’s what the scoreboard read until Will Riedell scored for the Lakers (16-8-2, 11-7-2-0 WCHA) to cut the lead in half at 13:59 of the second period.
The freshman from Virden, Manitoba, extended the advantage to 3-1 with his first collegiate goal only 50 seconds after Riedell’s strike.
Nick Cardelli and Ethan Somoza each got on the scoresheet with third-period goals as the Beavers assumed their largest lead of the night at 5-1.
The Lakers added goals from Brayden Gelsinger and Bryan Basilico late in regulation, but by then, the game was already out of reach.
- Marauders split with Bemidji StateBismarck Tribune
- WOMEN'S BASKETBALL: Beavers upset U-Mary behind Myer, BachmannBemidji Pioneer
- MEN'S BASKETBALL: BSU starts cold in 83-66 lossBemidji Pioneer
- WOMEN'S HOCKEY: Beavers come back to force 3-3 tieBemidji Pioneer
- MEN'S HOCKEY: BSU duo net first collegiate goals in 5-3 winBemidji Pioneer
- TRACK AND FIELD: 3 program records fall for BSUBemidji Pioneer