So Armstead appreciates the magnitude of what will happen at 2:05 p.m. Sunday in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, when the Saints play in what is easily the franchise's most significant game in nine years.
2 Los Angeles Rams (14-3) in Sunday's Nfc Championship game, they'll head to Atlanta for Super Bowl LIII on Feb. 3.
Ginn is seeking his third trip to the Super Bowl, having played in one with the San Francisco 49ers and another with the Carolina Panthers.
Drew Brees, who will play his first football game as a 40-year-old after hitting the milestone birthday Tuesday, knows these opportunities are rare.
So the players know they aren't just playing for the guys in the locker room, but also for the 73,000-plus who will be in the Dome, not to mention all the others who will be watching from their homes or their favorite sports bar.
Saints running back Alvin Kamara, like his coach, admits that winning in the playoffs is like a drug.
- Academy to sell NFC Championship gear if Saints clinch titleKATC Lafayette News
- NFC Hierarchy/Obituary: The Eagles are deadPhillyVoice.com
- NFL Playoffs preview: Drew Brees hoping to beat Los Angeles and Father Time ...The Independent
- Saints NFC championship game capsulesPurdue Exponent
- Teammates joke about Drew Brees' hair loss during careerLarry Brown Sports
- Why sharps take a deep look at third-down conversion statsNew York Post
- #10yearchallenge: Some Saints hadn't tried football the last time NO played ...NOLA.com
- Tom Brady: Drew Brees and I are still plugging and having funNBCSports.com
- Saints confident in Taysom Hill's hands despite limited opportunities as receiverNOLA.com