As a teenager she spent four years on the US junior national team and won the 2013 American Cup – one of the most prestigious competitions – beating the formidable Simone Biles.
She made the decision to drop down from elite level – the top tier in gymnastics similar to going pro in other sports – in the hope of pursuing a collegiate career.
That includes speaking out about the unrealistic expectations that marred her early career: being kicked out of training for being perceived as "too fat" (even though she weighed less than five stone), developing an eating disorder and coping with myriad painful injuries.
For those out of the loop, the Netflix film Bird Box is a post-apocalyptic thriller starring Sandra Bullock in which the characters wear blindfolds to prevent exposure to life-threatening supernatural forces.
Dealing swiftly and efficiently with emails is akin to a clear conscience: no guilt about unanswered messages, creeping anxiety or sense of impending doom that strikes at 3am.
- Gymnast Katelyn Ohashi was once body shamed by fansNEWS.com.au
- Katelyn Ohashi: My 'crazy' week as the 'perfect 10' gymnastBBC News
- The Viral Case Of A “Perfect 10” GymnastNew Day Live
- Katelyn Ohashi's viral routine blows away Long Island gymnastics starsNewsday
- Perfection (and joy)UCLA Newsroom
- Perfect 10: The infectious joy of Katelyn Ohashi's viral gymnasticsIrish Times
- Gymnast leaves viewers wincing with her final crotch-busting moveBrinkwire (press release)
- Week two: Gymnastics scores double 10s, student advisor position debatedDaily Bruin
- Gymnast incredible performance goes viralNews of Bahrain- DT News (press release)