BOSTON (AP) — Trey Burke scored 29 points, Tim Hardaway Jr. had 21 and the New York Knicks snapped a six-game losing streak with a 117-109 victory over the surprisingly inconsistent Boston Celtics on Wednesday night.
Boston cut its deficit to 110-106 on a 3-pointer by Hayward, but Burke hit a jumper with 50 seconds to play.
AdvertisementMitchell Robinson’s basket with just under five minutes to play pushed New York ahead 103-87 and sent a good number of fans to the exits, and some voiced their displeasure before leaving by booing.
New York built its lead to 57-31 on Kanter’s reverse layup before heading to the locker room with a 65-49 edge at halftime.
Celtics: Horford started after he was listed as probable because of a sore left knee.
Get Today’s Headlines every morning and breaking news as it unfolds, right to your inbox.
- Knicks can thank Trey Burke for sealing shocking win over CelticsNew York Daily News
- Knicks stun Celtics thanks to Trey Burke's heroicsNew York Post
- Boston Celtics vs. New York Knicks: Aron Baynes gets the start, plus pre-game ...MassLive.com
- Knicks snap skid with road win over slumping CelticsABS-CBN News
- OK, The Boston Celtics Are Officially StrugglingForbes
- Knicks takeaways from Wednesday's 117-109 win over CelticsSNY.tv
- Celtics Wrap: Boston's Comeback Falls Short In 117-109 Loss Vs. KnicksNESN.com
- Recent history shows Celtics fans shouldn't be too concerned with slow startYahoo Sports
- Paul Pierce gives honest take on Celtics' disappointing start to seasonYahoo Sports