That statistic illustrates the progress the Pelicans seem to be making at that end of the floor during a three-game winning streak, an area where they struggled while dropping six straight games.
I think us being on the same page and not leaving a guy on an island by themselves (helps explain the improvement).”
They are one of three 3-0 teams over the past seven days, but they’ve outplayed their opposition by a much larger margin (14.4 net rating) than the others, Utah (9.7) and the Lakers (7.1).
Certainly the schedule has helped a bit, with Phoenix and Chicago both bottom-four offenses thus far in ’18-19, but Toronto is ranked third (114.7 points scored per 100 possessions).
Other notes from Wednesday shootaround at Target Center: Nikola Mirotic and Elfrid Payton remained listed as questionable on the team’s most recent injury report, but it is more likely that Mirotic could suit up Wednesday against the Timberwolves than Payton.
“One thing we can’t do is get to the stage where we’re almost 90 percent home, but then we turn around and go back the other direction.
- Elfrid Payton could return vs. Timberwolves after missing 8 games with ...ClutchPoints
- Elfrid Payton (ankle) will be GTD on WednesdayFantasyPros
- Game 14: Nikola Mirotic set to return, Elfrid Payton remains sidelined for ...The Bird Writes
- Elfrid Payton (ankle) a game-time call for Pelicans against TimberwolvesnumberFire
- Elfrid Payton (ankle) to remain out on Wednesday night for New OrleansnumberFire
- Pelicans' Elfrid Payton: Out Wednesday, targeting FridayCBSSports.com
- Pelicans' Elfrid Payton: Will be limited if availableCBSSports.com
- Elfrid Payton Remains Questionable on WednesdayRotoBaller (blog)
- Elfrid Payton Still On The Sidelines WednesdayRotoBaller (blog)