But be assured, even if the Canes end up clinching a bowl berth, it won’t be like last year’s prize of the Capital One Orange Bowl, a game Miami nonetheless squandered in its own stadium, falling to Wisconsin 34-24 to finish 10-3 overall.
If the Canes, who were 5-4 overall and 2-3 in the Atlantic Coast Conference before Saturday, were to get that crucial sixth win, they’d have a shot at a number of lower-tier bowls affiliated with the ACC.
CBS Sports post-season expert Jerry Palm projects Miami will meet Cal there.
Another option if UM hits that sixth victory would be the Quick Lane Bowl at Ford Field in Detroit, Michigan.
UM could also possibly land in the Military Bowl Presented by Northrop Grumman, at noon Dec. 31.
“It’s important, but we’re going to do it,’’ offensive guard Jahair Jones said this past week about qualifying for a bowl game.
- Live updates and conversation: Miami Hurricanes 7, Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets ...Sun Sentinel
- Miami Hurricanes get out their all-blacks for Georgia Tech's 'whiteout' in the ...Miami Herald
- Jackets Play Host to App State SundayGeorgia Tech Official Athletic Site (press release)
- Preview: Miami tries to pull out of 3-game losing streak as Georgia Tech ...FOXSports.com
- Georgia Tech Football vs Miami: How to watch, stream, and listen to the gameYellow Jacked Up
- Hey, College Football Hall of Fame … where's the love for the Miami Hurricanes?The Athletic
- GAME THREAD: Miami Hurricanes at Georgia Tech Yellow JacketsState Of The U
- #TGW: Hyped for Primetime at Bobby DoddGeorgia Tech Official Athletic Site (press release)
- Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Miami Hurricanes, 11/10/18 PredictionsTheSpread.com