On Thursday, the Philadelphia Eagles wrapped up a three-day mandatory minicamp, and the team won't hit the practice fields again until the end of July.
It's hard to fathom (a) how well he is moving six months after tearing his ACL and LCL, (b) the improvement he has made just from the start of OTAs a few weeks ago to the final day of minicamp, and (c) how well he is throwing the football.
Wentz's highlight of the day was an effortless flick of the ball about 50 yards down the field that was on the money to Rashard Davis (who dropped it).
There were some comments that Doug Pederson made earlier this week that I believe have been misinterpreted, that there is some kind of quarterback competition or controversy or something.
• Nearing the end of practice, Nick Foles , Nate Sudfeld , and Joe Callahan had a competition in which they threw passes from the 5, then the 10, then the 15, each trying to hit the crossbar.
I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of the Eagles finding a way to trade Callahan if he plays well in the preseason, which he should against third string defenses.
• One of the rare things that was visible to us (the media) today was an interesting matchup between Dallas Goedert and Corey Nelson on the outside.
- A Wrap On A Very Fine Eagles SpringPhiladelphiaEagles.com
- Eagles practice observations: Carson Wentz's arm strength; Philly Special ...Philly.com
- Wentz, Foles could split first-team reps and more from Pederson's final ...PhillyVoice.com
- How Eagles plan to juggle reps between Wentz, FolesNBCSports.com
- Eagles Players List Their Favorite Souvenirs From Super Bowl LIINBC 10 Philadelphia
- Carson Wentz shines in Eagles' final practiceNJ.com
- Eagles minicamp observations, Day 3: 'I just want the rings'NBCSports.com
- Carson Wentz is 'trusting the process' in his rehabNBCSports.com
- Carson Wentz and Nick Foles splitting first-team reps in camp247Sports