Keelan Moxley, a 6-year-old fan of Connolly’s Washington Capitals, was at an April 15 playoff game where the team played the Columbus Blue Jackets.
So, Connolly tried again … but the same thing happened, with the man handing the Puck to a boy standing to her left.
The moment was caught on video, and it’s clear by Keelan’s smile at the end that Connolly’s persistence meant a lot to her:
In case you were wondering, Keelan’s mom chimed in on Twitter to set the record straight and explain that the man catching the pucks was not related to the girl in any way.
Apparently, her dad was a few rows back, as he didn’t want to block the glass for other kids trying to watch the warm-ups before the game.
Some online began voicing their opinions about the previous pucks being handed to boys despite Connolly meaning for them to go to the girl.
According to ABC News, Keelan got front-row seats for the next home game, courtesy of the Capitals’ owner.
- Good luck puck: Capitals fan Keelan Moxley to remain part of team's playoff runwtkr.com
- Third Time's a Charm: Little Hockey Fan Gets Her Souvenir PuckLifeZette
- WATCH: Capitals' Brett Connolly meets 'Puck Girl' Keelan MoxleySporting News
- Watch: "Puck Girl" Keelan Moxley Meets Brett Connolly and Gets Autographed ...Yahoo Sports
- How Brett Connolly blew up the InternetThe Daily Courier