Myers, in a statement issued Saturday, called Troyer the "consummate professional and a beacon of positivity."
Mini-Me died in an early version of the "Spy Who Shagged Me" but a crowd at a test screening became upset, Troyer said, so they reshot some scenes.
Troyer once told British talk show host Jonathan Ross that he had a rare type of dwarfism called cartilage-hair hypoplasia .
Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee tweeted: "Gonna miss my lil buddy!
He was hospitalized earlier this month after emergency responders in Los Angeles went to his home, according to media reports.
Verne hoped he made a positive change with the platform he had and worked towards spreading that message every day."
Troyer, who was reportedly 2 feet, 8 inches tall, once joked with CNN's Wolf Blitzer in 2002 that after gaining fame as Mini-Me he would go out in public with a hat and sunglasses on, "but it just doesn't seem to work."
- Verne Troyer, Mini-Me in Austin Powers Movies, Dies at 49New York Times
- 'Austin Powers' actor Verne Troyer dead at 49AOL
- Verne Troyer, Mini-Me in 'Austin Powers' movies, is dead at 49, spokesperson ...Fox News
- Verne Troyer, actor who was Mini-Me in Austin Powers films, dies at 49The Guardian
- Verne Troyer, best known as Mini-Me in 'Austin Powers,' dead at 49New York Daily News
- Actor Verne Troyer from 'Austin Powers' films dead at 49Winston-Salem Journal
- Verne Troyer, Mini-Me from 'Austin Powers' films, has diedAlbany Times Union
- Ludacris Shows Love to Verne Troyer With Heartfelt TributePopCulture.com
- Verne Troyer, Austin Powers actor, dead at 49EW.com